Case File 18: Cops and Agents Part 2

Hey guys! Sorry this is late. December is here, so start decorating and searching for that Christmas tree (mine probably be a Charlie Brown tree: 'I killed it!', lol). So here's the next and final part of Cops and Agents. Enjoy~....

It took a while, but Shang, Judy, and Nick were able to find Duke Weaselton. Apparently, he was trying to sell some merchandise on the outskirts of a small part in town. Both Judy and Nick gave a deadpan look from across the street where Duke was. He was busy talking to a customer while showing a snow globe.

"Will you do the honors, darling?" Nick bowed to Judy as he gestured his arm out. Judy laughed, and curtsy to him before going ahead. 

"Pleasure doing business with ya," Duke saluted to the mammal as they left. Duke chuckled as he flipped through the wad of cash. He didn't see Judy coming straight up to his counter, a frown plastered on her face.

"Ahem!"

"Ah, welcome to Duke's Early Chr--ahh!" Duke stepped back in shock.

"Look who it is," Nick was having deja vu. 

"Oh, now what," Duke said in distaste, "you arresting me for something I didn't commit?"

"That depends," Judy retorted, "why did we find your DNA on Lieutenant William Tusks's uniform? Care to explain?"

"Tusks who? I don't know what you're talking about. No go away... some of us are trying to do business here." Suddenly, Shang grabbed the front of Duke's jacket and pulls this face towards his.

"Hey, what do ya think you're doing!?" Duke's legs dangled in the air.

"You're obstructing an investigation, sir," Shang glared at him, "either you come with us, or I'll stuff you in one of those snow globes. You got five seconds." Duke's head shrank back in fear, almost as shocked as the officers were. 

"Time's up," Shang put the cuffs on him, and dragged him back to the car.

"Remind me to never get on his bad side," Nick whispered to Judy.

Meanwhile, Jabari and I were riding in the car down the icy road. I was talking on my walkie-talkie.

"Alright then... we'll meet you there." I hung up.

"Found something?"

"Shang just arrested Duke. He's brining him back to your headquarters."

"Good."

Ring~

"?" Jabari looked at the cup-holder where his phone was. He looked at the number and saw it was his son's. Instead of picking up, he just kept on driving. I raised an eyebrow, confused by why he didn't pick up. 

"You're not going to get that?" I asked, but hesitantly.

"Nah," Jabari shook head, "I'm sure whatever he has, he can give to me at NCIS. By the way...should you be with us?" He referred to Oliver, who was in the back seat.

"Like I said...I take my writing seriously with mammals."

"Don't bother sir," I sighed, "your son already gave up after the 78 attempts." Jabari chuckled.

".....I-I don't know if I should~....but... I gotta ask you something."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Its about your relationship with your son. I get the feeling that there's some type of tension between you two."

"Really? That's just our way of communicating, I guess. We don't see each other often because of our jobs."

"I know, but sometimes....Darius feels that you take him too lightly. You take matters into your own hooves before letting him decide. Stop that pen, Temple, or I'll break it." Oliver sheepishly smiled as he put down his notes.