Case File 10: Kidnapped!! Part 2

When we last left off, our heroine was kidnapped. Police is looking everywhere to search for her, but no leads yet. So what will happen in this part? Let's find out.....

The city was bustling about, more than usual now that officers from around the city are still searching for their colleague

The city was bustling about, more than usual now that officers from around the city are still searching for their colleague. The department was on edge since no one has found Sapphire, and already word had spread about her disappearance. In town, Chief Bogo and Mr. Cairbre walk towards a run-down building. Entering, the chief can see this place has been here for years. Dusty shelves, the wooden planks nailed to the windows and so on. The stairs creak as they went up to the third floor. Making their way down the hallway, the two stop in front of a red door with the number 113 plaque. 

BAM-BAM-BAM-BAM!

"I know you're in there! Come out before I tear this door to pieces!" 

Just then, the door started to creak open, and peeking form the crack is his grandson.

"What do you want?" 

"Chief Bogo," the buffalo intervenes, "we have some questions to ask you." 

The large mammal lets himself in before Trent could protest. The room had some trash here and there, but it was still decent. Trent sat on his sofa chair. 

"So... what do you want?" he asks with distaste.

"Don't play dumb," Mr. Cairbre grunted, "we know ya saw the news. Do ya know anything about Sapphire's kidnappin'?"

"Hey, its bad enough you cut me off old man," Trent snaps, "but now you think I had something to do with it?" 

"That's not it," Bogo implies, "we just need to ask some questions. When did you last see Lovell?"

"Last night at the Lucky Clover. That's all I know, so could you just leave me alone?"

"Trent, this is a matter of life and death. The kidnapper has given us only 18 hours left to find her or she'll die."

"And you think I care!?"

"...I think ya do."

Cairbre calmly spoke, 

"You've been sent to jail many times, and the only one besides me that would still care for your sorry tail is Sapphire. You're still my daughter's son, so I thought there would be some of her goodness left in ya too. Why do ya think I busted ya out all those times since you were thirteen?"

"Look," Trent rubs his face, tirelessly, "I'm telling you, I'm not involved in this. Whoever this guy is, he made sure no one would see her. Kidnapping her at night, with no one in sight is the sign of a pro. He's probably been planning this for weeks."

"I see," Chief Bogo nodded, "and do you have any idea where he may be keeping her captive?"

"Anywhere at this point. In a house... an old building... anywhere isolated or secluded; somewhere no one would ever suspect or bother to look at even in plain sight."