Case File 12: Salvation Of The Heart

Hey everyone~ I hope you like this next adventure. Sorry if its long. Enjoy~.....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clawhauser's POV>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

[My name's Benjamin Clawhauser. Officer of ZPD. Today's not a good day, but I'm not talking about myself. It was Sapphire and Martin. Every since Sapphire came back, she and Martin have been acting strange. Well, they wouldn't look at each other for more than ten seconds, and they'd get distracted. How I tried to get them to say something, but nothing. But I wasn't going to give up.]

Just then, I saw Sapphire walking passed me. 

[Now's my chance.]

"Sapphire...hey, come here for a sec." She gave me her usual smile, but less cheerful.

"Hi Ben. You need something?"

"You know as well as I do, about what I'm going to ask."

"Ben, I told you, its not--"

"Please, Sapphire," I begged, "I've never seen you like...this. I swear--I will quit eating donuts for a year! if you don't tell me what's going on." I was shocked as she was. But it was the truth. She began to sigh. 

"You can tell me..."

"I'm sorry...I guess I've been on edge after the whole coffee shop incident." 

"Oh, right.... I can't believe she would do that to you. She gives us cheetahs a bad name."

"You're too good of a mammal to be in the same species as her."

"Aww~thanks. So, you're mad that she insulted you and hit you?"

"No...its not that. Its what she said about me was true."

"What do you mean?"

"Its sucks that I have to be the only one who doesn't remember the friends and families that my parents knew. I can't even remember my childhood friend. Martin is my partner.... that's all I know. I don't really know him.... it makes me feel like I missed out on a lot." 

"Sapphire....you shouldn't feel this way," Clawhauser softly spoke, putting a paw on her shoulder. 

"Did you tell Martin?" I was confused when I saw her blush.

"How can I? Every time I'm near him now, I feel this pain in my chest.... and I sometimes get embarrassed or lost in thought. I don't know..." Hearing that made me perk up a little.

'Could it be?'

"Maybe I feel sorry for being a burden towards him....but I'm still happy that I could call him my partner and..." When she looked up, she saw me grinning like crazy. 

"Um~.... are you okay?" she sweat dropped.

"You must really, really like him~" 

"W-what!?," Sapphire turned red.

"Its obvious you care about Martin. I just didn't know it was like that..."

"That I like him?"

"Not 'like'....you're in love... there's a difference." 

"Ben~" she whined.

"You can't fool me," I giggled, "when I see you two, I see this connection. Despite what you say... your reaction explains it all. I can see how red your face is right now." Sapphire huffed while trying to keep a straight face. Just before I could speak, we heard Judy hopping our way.