Case File 16: Halloween Fright Part 1

Hey everyone. I hope you're in the Halloween spirit. I know Zootopia is ready; are you? Let's find out on this next scary adventure. Enjoy~.....

Carved pumpkins, animal-shaped decorations from ghosts to monsters, to aliens and fantasy characters, and the candy and costumes all lined up in every store that sold them. Today was the morning of Halloween, and everyone, especially the children were excited, as they waited for the anticipated moment to dress up and get all the candy they could eat. 

At a nearby market store, Judy and Nick were there to buy some pumpkins for the station to carve and display in the lobby. One employee put the pumpkins in the trunk of their cruiser. Nick shook his paw as thanks and then hopped inside.

"These pumpkins are big enough for everyone to carve," Judy said.

"They sure are," Nick implied, "I bet Sapphire will be happy to see these."

"Speaking of which, we should head back to ZPD, asap." 

>>>>>>>>> Fast Forward >>>>>>>>>

[As for me, I was waiting with Martin in Rainforest District. I kept looking at my phone every minute.]

"Don't worry, he'll be here."

"I know," I sighed, "I don't why I have to bring an umbrella every time the sprinklers go off." Martin chuckled a little. 

RING~~

The bell rang. All mammals readied their umbrellas as the sprinklers ran again. I then spotted the cub.

"Tojirou~!" I waved my arm. I saw him walking with five other mammals. Two were male hares, the other three were a gray wolf, a female gazelle, and a coyote. Tojirou leaped into my arms as I hugged him tight. I let him ride on Martin's shoulders.

"Did you have fun?" My son nodded. I turned to see the high schoolers.

"You must be his friends?"

"Yes ma'am," the gray wolf nodded, "I'm Jamie... I'm a sophomore. My friends are Vanessa, Rick, Derick, and Wylie."

"Nice to meet you."

"Are you coming to the open house next month?" The coyote was Wylie. 

"Of course. I can't wait to see this project of yours." 

Ring~ Ring~

Sapphire's phone rung. She picked it up. 

"Lovell, here."

Sapphire~! Where are you?

"Oh, hey Ben. I'm picking up Tojirou from school."

Well you better hurry back. The chief wants you to carve those pumpkins.

"Alright. I'm on my way." 

"Okay buddy, ready to go?" Martin smiled as Tojirou went into the cruiser. We said goodbye and then hit the road. 

After dropping Tojirou off at a neighbor's house, we headed to ZPD. Some officers were in costume, showing their Halloween spirit. And as promised, I carved three larger pumpkins than the others had. Helping me was Judy and Nick, handing me tools or did minor details.

"Nick, can you hand me that tool?" 

"The one that looks like a triangle?"

"That's the one...thank you..." I briskly carved, but with precise and careful judgment. I used a cloth to wipe off the excess skin.