Chapter 1 - Jerks

NOTE: This story will be thoroughly edited once completed. 

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PLEASE VOTE! (: 

Hi! Just thought I'd mention a few things before you read this story... It isn't a walk in a park holding hands with your delicious jock boyfriend. Sorry if that's what you wanted :( I wanted to add meaning to this story as well as make it very fun, romantic, and emotional but real. I also opted to make it as realistic as I could that's why things don't get resolved in a single chapter. Sorry again, man, sorry. Anyway! There are some strong contents in this story but I'll warn before hand. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, February 12 2011

“Evelyn, you have to get ready for the party!” said Erica.

It was my birthday and I was turning sixteen. My best friend Erica was never like me, a calm girl. She was more like the social butterfly who was always with boys at parties. She would always make me come as much as I hated it. We had been like sisters since the 5th grade. As much as I wanted to stay home, I would have to go or she would sulk with her shoulders low and say her usual line “But you’re my best friend and I can’t go anywhere without you!” I would end up going even if I’d rather not.

But why would the shy virgin be friends with the popular one? Simple, because I’m “a sexy ass bitch” like she says and its a shame I’m a virgin when the coolest jock, Tyler, was after me since the eighth grade.

I just didn’t care. I didn’t have a plan on losing my virginity and being run down by a stupid jock and become a worthless slut. Not that that was what most of my friends were or anything...

“Erica, what if I don’t want to go? It’s my birthday and I should be doing something I want. We went to a party yesterday aren’t you tired?” 

I told her as I was remembering the dreadful night when Tyler tried to kiss me and I pulled away from the drunk guy. His confused self dropped some beer when he lost his balance. He had never known rejection, any girl he wanted he would have and he was only seventeen, a junior. If he wanted a senior she would lead the way to the bedroom. But that wasn’t me and it never would be. I was one of the teenagers from Fort Lauderdale’s Northeast High School who thought sex should be from love and not just fun.

 “Come on, please?” She added emphasis on the ease in please and made the word longer. “I set it all up for you at Ryan’s house. We have the keg, the tequila, food, music, lights and all the people where invited already and we can’t let down all of Northeast! it will ruin our rep! I did it all out of love for you, you don’t have to dance or-”

 “The whole Northeast Erica? That’s at least 1500 people and Ryan’s house isn’t that spacious!” Typical Erica, always planning ahead and not thinking of asking me how I felt about my own birthday party! But that wasn’t all of it, I wasn’t personally fond of tequila or the keg. What would I care about my reputation? I don’t have to be one of the populars to live my life. I actually rather be normal or a nerd.

 “Ev, you know people aren’t only down stairs. Some are in the bedrooms or bathrooms or in his HUGE backyard or in cars or in the front porch, heck, some of them are on tables! It’ll be fine, besides it was just a saying.” She told me in a reassuring tone but I still didn’t feel better. I could do one party but two in a row? No. Besides I never did believe her reassurances but I would always be her designated driver with ten other people crammed inside the car. I'd have to take them all over Fort Lauderdale and it was a pain.