Chapter 34 - Whole Again

Hello, lovelies! :D So this is the last chapter but it's not the last post because I'm going to write the epilogue and post it really soon. I hope you like this and please vote, comment, and fan if you do! I really appreciate it. Also, I'm sorry if this is annoying but can you please go back and vote for each chapter if you haven't already? It would mean the world to me and I'd be endlessly grateful! (: <3 Well, I hope you're having a fantastic summer! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 Jake and I are driving, only a minute or so away from his house, as I recall the time we spent together, my cheeks instantly flushing. I wished so badly to just go back to our bed, to sleep in Jacob’s arms after we made love, to get up in the morning and only worry about each other. I remember the way our bodies felt together, the overwhelmingly beautiful feeling of love finally expressed in every way possible. It was perfect and I wished to be there... Just one more day. 

I tore my head away from the memories, feeling too much desire to go back, and turn my eyes to look at Jacob’s hand holding mine as they laid on the console. His dark and rich bronze skin contrasted against my much lighter color. I watched him for as he drove, calm and beautiful, then he briefly turned to me, smiling handsomely, before turning his eyes to the rode again. 

We’d be at his house in less than twenty seconds now. The only reason we were going to his place and not directly to mine was so that we could fetch Ava’s forgotten toy.

“What the hell are they doing here?” Jacob asks, irritated and horrified. I furrowed my eyebrows, tearing my eyes away from his troubled face to look in the direction his eyes were pointed at. I immediately understood my boyfriend's horror when I looked at the car parked on his driveway. It wasn’t just any car, it was his parents’ car. Oh shit.

“Let’s go see.” I say quietly, carefully, when he doesn’t do anything.

“No. Let’s go to your house.” Jacob says and I roll my my eyes, shaking my head at him. My hand goes to the door and I quickly open it, getting out of the car and onto his driveway.

“Shit. Evelyn!” He exclaims as I start to walk up to his porch.

“Come on, Jake. Help me out here. You wouldn’t make me do this alone, would you?” I call out, looking back at him with a smile and his eyes immediately soften. I wait for him as he starts walking to me, pissed off. It was a little amusing but I didn't laugh.

Jake took his key out of his front pocket and opened the door, taking my hand when he walked us in, and immediately our eyes locked on his parent’s where they sat on the counter stools, facing us dramatically as if this was a movie. They must have heard the car in order to be so punctual.

“When were you going to tell us?” Jacob’s mom, Felicia, asks, twirling Ava’s toy in her hands. My heart started to beat quickly with anxiety. How would she react? What would she say? “I called Cynthia to verify what it was and she confirmed our suspicion.” Felicia adds, her deep brown eyes, almost identical to Jacob’s, laced with hurt and anger. Jake’s father, Jose, just stares at us from beside his wife, his green gaze burning into me, making me move closer to Jacob for comfort. Jacob released my hand to put his arm around my waist, holding me close in protection and reassurance.

And I wondered how she could have called my mother. I had only met Jake’s parents once in all the time I had known him and I didn’t remember our mother’s exchanging numbers. 

“Honestly, I didn't put it into serious consideration. I mean, if you guys actually cared then you’d have made the effort to spend time with me and you’d already know about Ava. You’d know that Evelyn is the girl I love. Hell, you’d probably know a lot more too!” Jake says with furious anger in his voice, looking pointedly at his parents as I stared up at him, my stomach in ropes. I wanted to reach out and comfort him, tell him all was fine, but all I could do was discreetly run circles into his back, feeling the tensed muscles under my palm.