Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

Hi, everyone! Well, I know I haven't uploaded for two weeks but I assure you it wasn't because I didn't feel like it. Don't worry, I won't let that happen again unless totally necessary. It was dumb. Haha! Anyways, thanks for reading and i hope you like the chapter. If you do please remember to vote, comment, and fan! I really appreciate it. Thanks! (:

By the way, the chapter gets a bit steamy but it's not much. I just thought I should let you know just in case. (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Hello?” I answer the phone, not even bothering to check the caller ID.

“Evelyn?” Jacob’s voice sounded concerned. I could almost see the lines starting to crease on his forehead and his eyebrows furrow as he talked. I knew my boyfriend too well. 

“Yeah, it’s me.” I force a lighter tone to my voice as I speak.

“Hey, babe, I just got home. I’ll go over in about an hour when I unpack, okay?” 

“How about I just go to your place now?” I suggest.

“That’ll work.” The two of us chuckled at his reply.

“Alright. I’ll be there in a few minutes.” We hung up and I stood from the bed which I had been laying on. 

As I picked out a white lace dress and grey flats from the closet, I thought of what I’d do, what I’d say and what the outcome would be. Would he break up with me when I told him? Could I even blame him?

I put the new clothes on and took my phone before I left to the bathroom. I stared at my reflection in the mirror to see the swelling of my eyes die down and any trace of the break I had had minutes before Jacob called. As soon as my mother had left for work, I let go of myself and gave in to the much needed tears that relieved my stress once I had no more.

I splashed some cold water into my face in attempt to add a little liveliness to my features and hopefully feel more awake. Once I had dried it, I walked out the front door and made sure to lock the door behind me. Driving to Jacob’s house brought me the much expected fear and anxiety at not knowing what was ahead. I wanted Jacob. I needed Jacob. How could I hold up without him there to help me?

I got out of my mom’s car when I parked it in his driveway and walked to the front door. I lifted my fist without a second thought and knocked on the door. My heart was beating so harshly that it started to cause me pain as it bashed into my chest. Once the door opened and I saw his face, I acted on instinct.

My hands came up to his neck at lighting speed and I crashed my lips on his before I could take a breath. The soft mold of his warm and moist lips quickly taking control of me, leaving me helpless to him as he lifted me onto his body and I wrapped my legs around his waist. I had missed him so much and this kiss would count. This kiss would count because I didn’t know if it would be the last.

He closed the door behind me and brought me against it, deepening the kiss as he grasped my waist roughly. My hands were entangled in his ruffled hair, feeling like precious silk to me that melted in my fingers. Jacob’s grip on my skin made my senses come alive and my body writhe in  pleasure and desire. His tongue took hold of my mouth, leaving me helpless to him. I moaned when his lips and tongue trailed soft kisses down my neck that seemed to light my skin on fire. Unconsciously, my legs wrapped tighter around him and brought him closer to me. My tight breasts screamed against his chest.