Chapter 27 - Yellow

Hey, guys! I didn't upload last week because of a slight writer's block. It's a disease. Haha! Well I hope you like this chapter and please VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN if you do! It motivates me to write quicker. Now, I jus tthought I'd mention how I'm almost done with this story becuase I think that about 10-15 chapters will be it for this book. I'm sad. ): Well, thanks for reading!!! :D 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Six Months Pregnant

Jake and I were walking hand in hand along the sides of a river at the park where we used to go once we were at Northeast. We had just left the hospital after my prenatal checkup and decided to visit the park in celebration of the well being of my baby and myself. Everything was good. 

I looked over at Jake as we walked in silence along the lake of the park. It was a beautiful place too, with a vast expansion of giant oak trees that gave a slight breeze and a covering shade to whoever stood underneath them. We weren’t covered by the shade though and of that I was grateful because I wanted to feel the sun’s heat warm my skin and seep through the soft thin fabric of my blouse where it warmed my baby bump. Avalyn was asking for the yellow sun.

As I watched the yellow morning sun glisten over the clear blue water of the lake, I didn’t let Jacob escape my view. He was beautiful. The way his milky brown hair shined with streaks of yellow under the sun had me captivated. His brown eyes were slightly squinted and they had that same aptitude of being silky and deep, so very deep. His tanned caramel skin seemed darker, richer, under the sun. 

And then his smile was bright as it shone against his skin, his features dancing and his teeth that bright white color that took all of my attention under its hold for as long as it wanted. It was dazzling.

“What are you looking at?” He said, eyes sparkling and voice alive and melodic.

“You.” I confessed with a sheepish smile. 

“What do you see?” He asked, stopping us and coming slightly closer to me. The sun shone even brighter on him from this angle and I was fascinated at the way the light gleamed off of him.

“Yellow.” I whisper and lock both of our hands together.

“Yellow?” He asks, his eyebrows furrowing a little in confusion.

“Yes. Everything about you shines bright yellow under the sun.” I answer and then let out a small whisper. “It’s beautiful.”

“Is it really?” Jake whispers with a sweet husky voice that tainted my ears as he he brought us closer and pressed his body against mine with our baby between us. He brought our heads together and the sun shined through the arch we created, his features shining in that exact color; yellow.

I nodded my head slightly in response, causing his to move a little too. I could see his lips forming a small smile and my heart jumped at the sight.

“You are too, Ev. Glowing in yellow and full of beauty.” He whispered and moved his head to leave a soft kiss on my nose. I giggled at the action. 

“Thank you.” I pecked his lips and he let out a low chuckle that made me want to be closer to him but I knew that it wasn’t possible at the moment. I loved that sound, the sound of his happiness and masculinity.

We reveled in our embrace under the perfect sun and I let everything around me fly away with the tingling breeze that blew on my face and hair, the calming heat that soothed my body and the top of my head. I forgot where I was until we pulled apart to throw rocks into the lake.