Chapter 25 - Magic Glow

Hey, guys! Short chapter but important nevertheless. I'd write more but I'm exhausted and needed to get something up. I really hope you like it and please remember to vote, fan, and comment if you do. I really appreciate it! Thanks for reading! (:

____________________________________________________________________________

~3 Months Pregnant~

“Wake up, angel.” Jacob’s soothing whisper wakes me up slightly from unconsciousness. I groan, not wanting to see the morning. The groan only caused my boyfriend to chuckle and start shaking me with the strong arms he had around me. 

“You don’t want to know if our baby’s a boy or girl?” Jake asks and my eyes shoot wide open. That’s what we were doing today! 

“There we go!” He chuckles and kisses my cheek unexpectedly, causing my heart to jerk. I kissed his chin and cuddled deeper into his chest. I really didn’t want to get away from here...Baby. I need to know what the baby is.

With a frown and a groan, I pull away from Jacob’s arms and step onto the wooden floor with a slight wobble. Jacob chuckled and I looked over at him. He was still sprawled lazily on my bed. 

“Get ready, babe.” I tell my boyfriend.

“I will. In a sec.” He smiles brightly and I feel a responsive smile come onto my face as well. I was picking out an outfit from the closet and pulled out a yellow dress, feeling the cool fabric with my fingers.

“It’s probably not a good idea to where a dress to the appointment unless you want to flash the ultra sound technician-or me.”I look over at Jake who gives me a sly smirk and I immediately start to laugh. A dress probably wasn’t such a good idea after all.

“Why would you want to be flashed by a pregnant woman?” I ask, a small amused smile on my face yet I was still serious. I wasn’t the least bit attractive with the noticeable baby bump that was always between us whenever we’d come close.

Jacob’s smirk disappeared and his face became serious as he spoke.

“The fact that you’re pregnant doesn’t take away how beautiful you are, Evelyn. It just adds to your magic. You’re glowing.” He tells me, his eyes deep and somber. My heartbeat increased at his words. I put the dress back in the closet and strode over to my boyfriend who was laying on the bed. I cupped his face and looked deep into his chocolate brown eyes then covered his lips with mine. I gave him the sweetest, softest kiss I could give him in the early morning. His hands cupped mine as they caressed his face and he kissed me back just as sweetly. As we pulled away, I looked into his now hungry eyes and gulped. I wanted him, I really did. Just not now.

I gave Jacob a shaky smile and watched his face as he gave me a small toothless smile. It wasn’t bright but it wasn’t dull. It held desire and need. I could feel my body tighten and the realization of the desire that had impacted me made me turn on my heels and back towards the closet. There was no way I’d let us come so close to that happening. Not now. Especially not not that my pregnant hormones are raging like crazy and my emotions have been magnified to the extreme. I would give my body to Jacob and of that I was sure but not like this. Not when I had another human inside of me. I wanted our first time to be simply the two of us, heavenly. Just a minimum of six months and I’ll give everything to him.

I chose a salmon colored maternity skirt and a flowy ivory blouse then paired them up with brown Toms. 

“I’ll be right back.” I told Jacob as I took my clothes out into the bathroom to get ready. Following the normal ritual, I brushed my teeth, used the toilet, sprayed perfume, combed my hair, and spread cocoa butter cream in the expanding areas of my skin. I wanted to avoid as many stretch marks as possible when I burst-I mean gave birth.