Chapter 14 - It Will Be You

<---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

I would so appreciate it if you comment, voted, and fanned! I'm working really hard on this story goys so come on! Thanks <3 (: *:

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Jacob~

 I was standing in the kitchen with an empty glass in my hand. I leaned against the counter, wondering exactly what I could do next. 

Tommy had texted me, asking if I could hang out with him and Jay at the hookah bar.

I declined the offer. I couldn’t deal with anyone right now. 

I started to feel regretful about declining his offer so quickly... Maybe I should take a smoke. Just one.

I went to the small closet in the hallway. If I wasn’t mistaken, there would be a pack of Marlboro cigarettes that my dad had left before leaving to Miami.

I looked around endlessly, growing immensely frustrated when I didn’t find it. I was so irritable. Just as I was about to give up, my hands touched a small carton like object. I took what I found out of the dark, crammed corner.

Perfect. Right beside it was a purple lighter.

I walked to my room and sat down on the bed before taking my shirt off and throwing it to the floor. I didn’t want any ashes to fall on it.

I took a cigarette and tossed the box against the wall. 

As soon as I lit up, I put it to my lips. 

The stupid toxic fumes were relaxing me as I exhaled them through my nose. Smoke ringlets roamed the atmosphere of my room.

Nothing a little air freshener can’t fix.

So I just sat the and smoked my cigarette like I had nothing better to do than screw up my lungs. 

Evelyn would be so furious if she knew what I was doing. She’d yell at me for hours about how I’d have an early death because of a stupid cigarette. 

I chuckled at the thought and then I let a single tear escaped my left eye. 

God, life was so fucked up.

I put out the cigarette into the cup of water that laid on the bedside table then rested on the bed.

Just as I was about to close my eyes, my phone rang in my front pocket.

I groaned. This better be important...

My heart lightened at the text message:

Evelyn-

Are you home already? Just tell me you’re okay..

Me-

Yeah, don’t worry about me. I’m okay. Love you, Angel.

 Damn, I loved this girl.

 ***

~Evelyn~

 Jake and I were in health class where we sat side by side. We were waiting for the class to begin since the teacher wasn’t here yet.

“Look over there, Ev.” Jacob smirks and cocks his head into a distant direction. I looked to where he was motioning.

Tyler was walking into the class considerably late but that wasn’t what he meant.