Chapter 16 - Chinese Food

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

Hello people! Here's a nice and easy chapter. I needed to add a bit of happiness before I did anything else... I'm warning you now: There's a bit of sexual content in this chappie but nothing too much to handle. At least to me it isn't but oh, well. I hope you enjoy and if you do please vote, comment, and fan! I really appreciate it! 

Check out my other stories if you can please! You just might like them! (:

_____________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 9 2011

ONE MONTH OR SO LATER 

About a month had passed since the incident that changed my life at the party. There had been no suspects in the case and no new leads. It was difficult to know that it was gradually becoming cold. The police along with my mother and my boyfriend kept reassuring me that he’d be found soon. 

I didn’t know if I believed them. They had barely anything to resume working on and there were much more important cases out there. 

I wasn’t the only victim of abuse in Broward County or Miami Dade.  

The good thing was that I wasn’t alone in any of this. My mom and my boyfriend gave me a reason to keep fighting. Life was becoming a bit easier in the month that passed by. I was so thankful and filled with gratitude that I was blessed with these two special people. 

I had gotten home from school and was in the bathroom, taking a shower.

Once I had finished, I looked at my bare body in the mirror. My bruises were still evident but slightly better. A lot of them had begun to yellow but they were still there, spread on my chest and the ends of my shoulders and collarbones.  

It was painful and unnerving to see them therefore, I avoided them most of the time. 

Realization hit me when I saw my mom and I’s menstrual cycle chart on the wall. It was nothing special, just a dry erase calendar with X’s on the days we had gotten our period.  

Mother Nature was about to give me my monthly gift soon and as always, I wanted to be prepared. God only know when it will hit... 

So I opened the drawers where the pads were kept and took one of the thin ones. It was a precautionary tradition ever since I was twelve years old.

I wrapped my towel around me and walked to my room where I got dressed in some pajamas. They were cotton pants with colorful cupcakes and a pink tank top along with some white bunny slippers. The traditional pajamas. 

My mother was at work and I was alone at my house. Even though nearly a moth had passed, I wasn’t any better with the matter.  

I had learned to cope and live because I had Jake and my mom with me but when I was alone it was a different thing.  

I felt a pair of sapphire blue eyes coming from every corner. The best I could do was occupy myself with mind required activities.  

Sitting criss-crossed on my bed, I began to work on a crossword puzzle then got up to see who was at my door about an hour later. 

Checking who was at the door was something I hated to do. I liked being able to just open it because I knew no one would hurt. I knew I was wrong about that. You couldn’t predict what anyone what do. 

When I saw Jacob’s handsome face from, I immediately open the door with a wide small on my face. 

“Jake!” I exclaim