Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes

Friday February 18 2010

I had promised Erica last monday that I would make it up to her from missing our movie night. She said she was coming over to watch it today so I went into the closet to quickly pick out some comfortable clothes to sleep in. I knew she would fall asleep in the left side of my bed as usual on movie nights.

I changed into a short purple shirt that I had cut because of a little accident.

When I was painting my room purple with neon hand prints all over the walls, Erica had tripped on the paint bucket and fallen back on her butt with her hands painted pink in the air. She had gripped my shirt and sadly ruined it. It was one of the funniest things of life and every time I thought of it I laughed. 

I had also put on some nice black cotton shorts and the white bunny slippers Erica had given me.

I picked my hair up in a side ponytail and went to make the Orville’s Movie Theatre Butter popcorn Erica and I loved so much. I stayed watching the bag grow and listening to the loud “POP, POP,POP” in the lit up microwave. I stopped the microwave at one since the end beeping sound annoyed me and with the tips of my thumb and index finger, I held the sizzling and still popping bag in my hands. I went to search for a big salad bowl and dumped in the popcorn. I saw the steaming air rise and boil in my face.

I took it to my room and set it on the bedside table. I sat down in the beanbag chair with a book and waited for Erica until the doorbell rung.

I walked out of my room and to make sure it was my best friend, I peeked out the door’s window shutters and saw Erica’s face. I unlocked the door and put the alarm code 0213- my birthday- and let her in. My mom forced me to have the locks on and the alarm on when she was gone. Today she had a meeting at the hospital with all of her assistants.

“Hey!” Erica hugged me.

“What’s up?” I asked. 

“I got this movie American Pie. Dylan says its hilarious and he let me borrow it. So here it is!” A bright smile made its way on her face.

“Did you make the popcorn?”

“Warm and ready.” I sang

“Okay let’s go!” We went to my room and she popped the movie in the DVD player. The plasma screen changed from black to a bright display of music and people.

***

The movie was perverted and disgusting but it took away from the seriousness that my life took at times. I don’t think I had laughed that much in a movie since The Proposal

I searched the internet on my phone and looked for Dominoes pizzeria’s number. We thought of the perfect accent to give to the person. Redneck. It was my turn to talk in this prank call since last time it was Erica’s. Either way I had the best redneck accent from us two.

We dialed the number and the phone and waited for 4 rings till the person picked up.

“Hello, this is Dominoes pizza, how may I take your order?”

“Well Ma’m, I want five boxes of the ones with the stinky dead fish in it, what’s it called?” I looked at Erica and she fought to keep a straight face on but succeeded. Thankfully, I did too.

“It’s called anchovies M’am.” She replied politely

“Okay, well put that and I want five cheese, five pepperoni and 5 bottles of Coke Ma’ m.” I said.

“Okay Ma’m, do you want the party discount?” The lady asked

“Nuh-uh Ma’m, it’s just me and my hippopotamus of a husband. It’s our fun night so we need the energy.” Erica let out a giggle and I fought not to let one out myself. I was being disgusting and rude but there always came a time when I just forgot the world and behaved like a stupid teenager.