Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box

Hello, people! Here's a chapter I loved writing and think came out pretty good. Please vote, comment, and fan if you like this. Thanks!

_____________________________________________________________________________

~One Month Later~

It was a lively peach with white shudders. The one story building’s front porch was enhanced with pots of pink and yellow rhododendrons, the driveway with perfectly kept bushes and short palm trees. Our cars were now parked in front a new house. 

I stood with a box of my things in my hands, standing between my mother and boyfriend who also had their hands occupied with a box of items. Looking over at my boyfriend, I saw him smile warmly at me, a twinkle in his brown eyes. Then my gaze turned to my mother who stood appreciating our new home, she looked over at me and smiled gleefully. 

My heart was beating contentedly as my head wrapped carefully around my new home. This was a new start, a fresh place. Somewhere that I can live my life freely and raise my child in. Jacob would be here all the time since he only lived ten or fifteen minutes away and my mother would always be here when I needed her. The few things of my old life that I still cherished and was glad I could keep in my new life, the one I didn’t have to pretend in.

“Let’s go.” I say, smiling at the two people I loved most.

***

My room was painted a pale yellow. The color that streaked the morning sky before most people awoke. It was light and open with white accents and simple white furniture; a queen bed, a desk, a vanity, and a book shelf. The white rug beneath me on the caramel wood floor curled between my toes. I was glad the rest of the house was decorated in the same cool and easy manner as my room. My mom was delighted as well.

All I had to do was put away the things in the boxes and my room would be set. I took some pictures of Erica, Jake, Mom, Dad, and other friends in my hand, ready to put them on the bulletin board I already had hung up but the a small opening of the door made me jump. I turned to look around and see my boyfriend’s body come into view. He looked so... Mmm. A smile came onto my face immediately.They must have finished bringing down the boxes from the cars already since they hadn’t let me take anything down.

“Hey.” I greet, my voice low and soft as I spoke.

“Hi, babe. The house, it’s incredible.” He grins, his tall and tanned body still by the door that was closed beside him.

I shoot him a smile and move towards the wall where the bulletin board was hung.

“I know. I love how cute it is.” I chuckle. “The rooms are light and open and the house is cozy. I love  the front-” Two pairs of arms locked around my waist cut off my words. I looked to my side where the side of Jacob’s face was nuzzled beside mine. My breathing became a little quicker and heartbeat did too. He was so warm and perfect around me.

“Yes?” He whispers, rooting me to go on but the tone of his voice made me lose my train of thought.

“Well. Um. The house is... Perfect.” Was all I could say and his low chuckle cut deep into my stomach.

“I think so too.” Jake whispered and I moved my head a little toward him, wanting to look into his eyes but his lips touched my cheek before I could then suddenly, they touched my neck. Oh my... Not the neck.

My hand immediately went up to his hair where my fingers stroked the brown locks, his lips setting my skin on fire. I tilted my head for him to reach the farthest ends.

Then the tingling sensation on the most sensitive skin I bore disappeared and his hand tilted my face upwards so that I looked into those deep brown eyes of his. His lips bent down to mine and locked mine into a passionate deep kiss that made me body pure liquid. What would I have done if my whole body and being wasn’t being held together by his arms?