Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!! 

~Jacob~

I had just finished dropping Evelyn off at her house. He mother needed her to go home, saying it was urgent.

I couldn’t believe I was driving to my house in my state of mind. I really shouldn’t have been driving with the anger and hatred that boiled inside of me. It wasn’t good for me or anybody else on the road. I was so irritable right that even I was scared of myself. I didn’t know what stupid things I was capable of doing with how I was feeling at the moment.

Today mustn't be my day to die since I got home in one piece.

I got out of my car and slammed the door. I nearly ran up the front steps of the porch before opening the door with my keys and slamming it once I was inside.

I was free to let my temper roam and my anger burst. I didn’t have to contain it anymore, concerned that I would have hurt or scared Evelyn. I was finally alone

I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands, running my fingers frantically through my hair. I felt pain, I was practically pulling my hair out in frustration.

Fuck!” I lanced the pillow that lay beside me at the wall.

“Who the hell would do this to her?” I screamed, then threw the remote control. I felt no remorse for breaking the lamp.

I didn’t know who I was shouting at but I did know that it felt good. I had to take my anger out somehow. I needed to let go.

I let my head fall back onto my hands.

Why would somebody do this to her? She didn’t deserve this! Evelyn was so compassionate, kind, and selfless. She used to be so fearless and confident but he stole that from her her! He used her like a toy, like a worthless object only to have taken away her innocence. 

I saw her fear projecting through her. Would she ever be the same again?Would she ever be that innocent and fearless girl? 

And those bruises! He had given them to her. He had hurt her physically and emotionally yet the monster could be watching a movie like nothing ever happened. Guiltless and free. 

Free? He won’t be free forever... Whether I have to kill him or he’s locked up in jail for the rest of his life. The police will find him and his little friend too. 

Killing the animal seemed so perfect. I would beat him, make him suffer. He would feel so much more pain than Evelyn had. 

I didn’t even want to imagine what she had felt that night and what she has to live through every day. 

If only I had been there that night to save her. Everything would be so perfect and untouched. I felt guilty! Why did she have to go to a college party in the middle of no where with Erica? Erica. Always making her go to those stupid places. I felt such hate in me right now. I was ready to give that hate to anyone who walked by. 

But there was something that bothered me so much. 

I wouldn’t be the first to have touched her. The first one to have been so close to her body. To her soul. 

It wouldn’t be her first time. I knew she was a virgin before, she had told me. She said she wanted to wait for the perfect man. She never had the opportunity!

Evelyn had spoke those words to me as a friend but I couldn’t help but feel there was something more to what she said. Her eyes carried a message to me.