Epilogue

So here is the last upload for Her Stolen Innocence, the epilogue, and I hope you like it. I'm going to do some thorough editing now that I'm done to make it as great as I can. Thanks a lot if you've been reading and supporting me on this story because it really means so much. Also, please go back and vote on each chapter if you liked this story and you haven't already. I will love you forever! :D Leave a comment down below and maybe even fan? (: Anyhow, thanks for reading! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

5 Years Later

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Evelyn.” Marley, my assistant, smiled and waved to me as I walked to the door.

“You got it.” I threw her a smile and walked out of the building to make my way to the car. I owned this building, well, big house you could say but it wasn’t just a building or a house. It was the organization I had founded to help girls that went through similar things that I went through five years ago. Our only difference was that I did have people there for me while most of these girls didn’t. So how did I somehow acquire the money to do something this big? When my first novel, my autobiography, surprisingly became successful, I decided to make this dream for me come true. It had been on my mind for almost three years.

Right after Jake and I had finished high school, we went on to college even while raising a child with the help of our mother’s and a nanny. I had gotten a degree in literature and Jake studied and trained to become a firefighter, following his heroic and selfless traits. I was so proud of him that words couldn’t even describe it and boy, did I love him in his uniform! He was extremely proud of me too, for my first novel, the organization, and my second novel which is almost completed. 

And don’t think I’ve forgotten my precious Ava. Our beautiful baby girl was growing up so fast, already five years old! We were proud of her for being such a sweet, funny, and loving girl. This August she would start kindergarten and needless to say, I was completely freaking out. She’s still too young for school! Right? Jacob always laughed at me for saying that but the twenty-two year old irresistible hottie, the love of my life, my fiance, should not be talking. Ava had him wrapped around her finger, being quite the daddy’s girl herself.

Yes, I just said fiance. 

I’m getting married in seven months! Can life get any better? Not possible... Yet I knew that it could but I didn’t dwell on it. Five years later, my rapist still hadn’t been caught but I always remained faithful and proud of myself for knowing that I didn’t let him take over my life. Honestly, I didn’t need him to be caught for my life to be perfect. I had learned to accept that life was never perfect. The only reason I sometimes found myself dreaming about having him caught was so that he wouldn’t be able to do that to any other girls, so that he’d live behind bars as justice called. But the other part of me didn’t want to have to place a face or a name to the dead sapphire eyes that still managed to creep up on me. I didn’t want Ava to ever see him.

Needing to escape my thoughts, I glanced at the delicate diamond perched on my silver engagement band and continued driving. 

Once I pulled into our driveway, of the house Jake, Ava, and I lived, a smile made its way onto my face. This was home and it had been for two years now. My mother had gone completely crazy when we announced the new house plan but it wasn’t as if we lived far anyways. She came by all the time. Seriously.

Excited that it was a saturday. Jake’s day off, I jumped out of the car and made my way to the door. As soon as I unlocked it, Ava knocked into me at full force with her tiny little self. 

“Mommy!” She exclaimed, a beautiful smile adorning her pretty face and wide blue eyes. I bent down and took her into my arms. 

“Hey, Ava, honey, how’s the day been?”

“Oh, you know, just chilling with daddy.” She said casually, using the word Jake taught her. Chilling. It sounded funny coming from her little five year old mouth.

“That’s great,” I laugh. “Where is that daddy of yours, huh?” I asked, smiling at her.

“Right here, babe.” Jacob’s smooth voice, one that I’d go crazy without hearing every day, said humorously from behind us. I looked up to see his handsome smiling face and his lean muscular body perched against the wall. Mmm, wow. I gave him a smile and he came over to me, laying a kiss on my forehead.

“Hey, honey.” I greeted and Ava wiggled in my arms. 

“Yuck, you’re going to kiss. I’m leaving.” Ava complained, her little face scrunching up in disgust I knew was forced. She secretly thought of us as prince and princess like the ones in her fairytale stories. My fiance and I laughed as she walked away into the kitchen, probably for a juice pouch.

“Don’t eat too much, Ava. Grandma’s coming to take you out to lunch.” Jake called out to her, extending a hand for me to take, and helped me up. He pulled me into his arms, locking his hands around my waist to press me against his chest. His deep brown eyes melted mine.

“She is?” I asked, lifting an eyebrow.

“Oh, yes she is.” Jake replied smoothly, his words husky and low in my ear. Oh... I see what he wants. My belly flipped in excitement and a little grin rolled onto my lips. Jake’s eyes twinkled and his smirk made me bite my lip in anticipation.  

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door that was followed by the door being opened. Not now...

“Oh, no, not now. You’re not going to be a knocked up bride! The dress won’t fit, guys!” And there was the wrath of Cynthia Pearce, my mother, in our living room. I rolled my eyes and Jake just laughed.

“Ever heard of protection, Cynthia?” Jake asked, making me laugh.

“You better...” My mom muttered. “Avalynnie!” She called out to Ava, using the nickname she gave her that reminded me of one of Jake’s nicknames. Avalyn ran out of the kitchen and into her grandma’s arms. 

“You ready to go?” My mom asked her and Ava nodded happily.

“Alright, come on then!” She exclaimed excitedly to her granddaughter then looked over at us. “We’ll be back soon. I bet you’re both jumping inside. Oh, and remember what I said, guys.”  My mom said and the two of us nodded, laughing. 

“Bye, mom and dad.” Ava said, smiling and waving as she walked to the door with her grandmother in tow. 

“Bye, honey.” I waved and blew her a kiss. 

“See you, later, alligator.” Jake smiled at her and she beamed up at him.

“In a while, crocodile.” She replied and then the two of them were gone, leaving us indeed very happy. And alone. Yes, their company is the greatest but Jake and I needed our alone time every once in a while. 

“Oh!” I exclaimed the moment Jake took me into his arms bridal style. He laughed at me, the sound like music, and started to walk us to the bedroom. 

Carefully but quickly, He threw me down on the bed, my head landing on a pillow, and I was laughing with happiness as I looked into his eyes with desire. 

“Remember what my mom said, babe.” I reminded him humorously, whispering into his ears as I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought him down to me.

“Mhm.” He murmured in agreement and kissed my jaw sweetly, making me shiver.

“I love you, Jake.” I said, looking into his eyes that tenderly gazed at me.

“And I love you, angel.” He said, sealing it with a kiss.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you! :D <3 Feel free to check out my other stories if you liked this one.