Chapter 2 - New Rims

Sunday February 13 2011

I had explained to Erica why I left. I asked her who took her home and surely it was Jacob. The image of our kiss in the car vivid in my mind until I pushed it away into the deep box of painful things in my mind. She said the party was amazing and the birthday girl shouldn’t have left but when I told her the Tyler incident she decided to back off. Something I wasn’t going to tell her about was the Jacob scene because I knew she would haunt me for weeks if she knew.

The show I was watching ended at nine and I decided to read a few chapters of The 13 Little Blue Envelopes. I grew tired and I put the book down on the bedside table. I picked up my phone to see the time and it was nine forty three. I had 4 unread messages: one from Jacob, one from Erica, one from Melanie, and one from Kayla.

Messages:

Jacob- Hey I’m sorry about last night and I took Erica and some of your friends back home

Erica- Thx 4 tellin J 2 take me home, I was tipsy but you shouldn’t have left ):

Melanie- Hey wanna go 2 the mall tomorrow after school? All the girls r comin<3:) 

Kayla- OMG!!! Clothes Crisis! idk if i should wear blue tomorrow to school or green? wdyt?

XO KAYKAY

Reply:

Jacob- Sorry I didn’t get to answer this earlier but thanks for taking Erica I’m really sorry about last night I just don’t think I’m ready to start that again. ***Eve

I didn’t reply to Erica since she came to my house before I could and I explained to her right there.

Melanie- Hey Mel! Sure, who’s taking us?***Eve

Kayla- I don’t know but I think blue looks great on you:) ***Eve

I didn’t text like most people. I didn’t text continuously as if for a living and I didn’t make little miss-spellings either. I had good grades in all my classes especially literature and english. I loved to read so I spelled everything right even in texts. The only subject I hated was math... and biology wasn’t too great either.

In a few seconds, everyone answered my texts and Allison said Kayla’s mom was. Kayla said thanks and that she would wear blue and Jacob said that he hoped the kiss wouldn’t ruin our friendship and that he understood. 

I was dating this guy until four weeks ago who I kind of liked for two months but he broke up with me because I didn’t want to do it. I didn’t want to go through that again so I decided I wouldn’t date anyone for now and that I would keep my walls up and be guarded. That wasn’t changing soon. All my friends knew about it since he hangs out with us. Travis. Ugh. I shoved the thought into my box and fell asleep.

***

“RING RING RING!” My head popped up at the sound of the alarm and I nearly fell off the queen sized bed. School...Great! I had my hand search over the bedside table. I knocked over my phone and the empty plastic cup onto the wooden floor until I finally slammed the stupid snooze button. The damn noise stopped. I bent over my bed, picking up the fallen things then stretched my arms apart and I managed to get up.

In my bathroom I brushed my teeth and used the toilet. I went back into my closet to chose a pair of navy blue low rise jeans, a tank top and a loose knit sweater with silver sandals. I put them on. My outfit looked great so I went to my vanity and used clear lipgloss, black mascara and eyeliner and the same pink eye shadow. I sprayed Juicy Couture perfume and I was ready, slipping my phone into my pocket. I took a small flower print duffle-bag to put my binder and pen.