Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us

Hey, guys! Here's another upload. Please remember to vote, comment, and fan if you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and I hope you like it! (:

***Dedication: Thanks for the cover! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Seven Months Pregnant~

My mom and I were having breakfast together on a Saturday morning with cups of coffee and scrambled eggs. The two of us have plans today and those plans consists of buying the baby furniture, more clothes, and toys. I personally wasn’t too excited but my my mom was literally jumping in her seat while she ate. I mean, what pregnant woman really wants to march around Babies ‘R’ Us with a balloon for a stomach? None.

“So are we sticking to pink or are we going crazy and using another color combination?” She beamed.

“Pink. Pink is safe. Or yellow. Whatever.” I answer and she rolls her eyes.

“I think I’m more excited than you are.” She said, annoyed, and I chuckled.

“Just a wee bit.” I said sarcastically, putting two fingers up to gesture the small size.

“Your freaking hormones are giving me whiplash.” She snorted. Oh, hell no. She did not just day that!

“I have no freaking hormones, mother! I am perfectly-” A hundred loud knocks on the door cut me off short.

“That boy. He just can’t stay away from you for a day.” My mom said, chuckling. At least I’d have something to give me a bit of sanity while my mom made me run jaggedly around the store. Hmm. Maybe he’d carry me. 

“Go get the door.” I command unconsciously and my mother gives me for-real look with a risen eyebrow. “Sorry. Can you go get the door?” I corrected myself, smiling sweetly with puppy eyes.

“I really hope I wasn’t that troubling when I was pregnant with you.” She muttered, walking towards the door. 

“Ha. Ha. Funny.” I scoffed.

“Hello, Jacob! What brings you here?” She asks stupidly, causing Jake to laugh and pull her into a bear hug. 

“Had to come see the mother-in-law.” He smiled dazzlingly and I choked on a piece of egg, smiling to myself. My mother simply gawked at him.

“W-What? You popped the question?” My mom all but screamed and his eyes widened in alarm for a moment, making me laugh. 

“No! No. Not yet.” He winked and I laughed from my seat, blushing ferociously.

“You nearly killed me there, Jacob.” My mom put a hand to her heart and stepped out of the way to let him in.

Jacob walked over to me, smiling, and bent down to give me a sift kiss. 

“Hello, beautiful.” He greeted and a responsive smile came onto my face.

“Hey, handsome.” I feel slightly on display when I notice my mom’s smiling face watching us.

“Hey there, Ava.” Jake said, laying a swift kiss on my belly. My face felt as if it was on fire. Did Jacob not know the meaning of being shy? How could he be so confident? And in front of my mother!

“Want something to eat?” I ask, already knowing the answer. It seemed my mom had known the answer as well because of the loud scoff she gave. My boyfriend stuck his tongue out at her.

“Sure.” And he sits beside me, taking a plate and some silverware. As I continued drinking my coffee, my mom sat in front of me once again.

“Hurry up, guys. I want to get to the store!” She exclaimed and I decided to ignore her.