Chapter 5

Prince's dark and sinister laughter echoed through the room. Everyone was stunned. No one said anything or did anything. We all just froze in place.

Finally Andre broke the tension.

  "Come on Skip. Get up." Andre pleaded.

He and Morris helped Prince up as he was still laughing at Marcus. He was still alive but somewhat afraid because he must have saw his life flash before his eyes. Marcus was breathing heavily and his eyes were still wide with fear as he slowly sat up from the floor he looked at the thick piece of glass that was just a mere inch away from the side of his face. He stood to his feet and dusted himself off. Prince still had a sinister look on his face as he and Marcus stared each other down.

  "I knew you didn't have it in you." Marcus said with a chuckle.

He slowly began to make his way up to the stage where I was still standing.

  "See. What you don't know about Regan is......she's like tall glass of lemonade. She can be sweet to you at first......but will leave a sour aftertaste that will piss you right off!"

I backed away slowly just in case he tried to run at me.

  "Leave her alone mother fucker!" Prince said to him coldly.

Marcus turned his focus to Prince.

  "Leave her alone? HA! LEAVE HER ALONE!?!?! Oh no baby there is no leaving this smut alone."

Prince tried to run at him but Tony and Dez were holding him back while Morris and Andre were standing in between them.  Jerome came up to the stage to stay with me. Marcus continued his sinful rant.

  "Regan here is mine. She belongs.....to me!"

  "She belongs to no one!" Prince yelled in anger.

  "You think this shit right here is a game son? This ain't a game! That cunt is mine and you can't have her. Nobody can!"

Prince struggled to break free but the guys were using all of their strength to keep him in place.

  "Let's go bitch! We never finished our little love fest in LA. Gotta break her in ya know?"

  "Your a little late for that!" Prince laughed.

Marcus turned and looked at me with fire in his eyes.

  "So you could let the bitch ass pretty boy fuck you but not me! Wow! Girl! Just wait until that little fucker ain't around to save you. I'm gonna teach you a lesson that you will NEVER forget."

I grabbed on to Jerome's hand and held it tightly. Marcus pulled at his suit jacket adjusting it at the collar. He walked up to Prince and gave him a smirk.

  "Nice perm bitch!" He said to him as he laughed.

Two of the guards that had come in when Prince was in his rage grabbed on to Marcus and escorted him to the main door. Marcus turned gave me an unwelcoming grin.

  "Regan......I'll see you soon."

He blew me a kiss and security escorted him out of the building. Jerome and I ran over to Prince who was still engulfed in his fury. Tony and the guys slowly began to release their grip on him when I was finally able to get to him. I wrapped my arms around him squeezing him tightly to hopefully bring him back to his sweet and loving demeanor. As I let go we locked eyes and I could still see his anger. His dark eyes were slowly getting lighter. I traced his face with my fingers softly brushing his hair back away from his eyes.

  "Baby are you ok? Come back to me. It's Regan baby come back."

His face was beginning to soften in color back to its caramel tone. His hard rapid breathing became more steady and his racing heart slowed back to its normal rhythm.

  "Regan?" He slowly said to me while still coming to.

  "Yes! Yes baby it's Regan! Are you ok?"

He blinked his eyes steadily as he came back to himself. He raised his hands to my face staring in my eyes. His thumbs gently grazed my cheeks and a small smile began to form from his lips. He was finally back.

  "Oh god Regan!" He sighed.

  "Yes baby it's me. I'm here! Are you ok?"

  "I'm fine love I'm fine. Come closer so I can hold you."

He put his arms around me and held me tighter than I could ever imagine. Tears streamed down my face. I was glad that he came back to me when he did.

  "Good to have you back brotha." Andre said patting Prince on his shoulder as he still held on to me.

Prince let me go and turned to the guys. He was finally smiling at them. He was finally calm and back to normal.

  "You good now man?" Dez asked him nervously afraid that Prince might snap again.

  "Yeah man I'm good now." Prince said to Dez.

  "Hey man I really didn't know that-" Dez tried to explain.

  "It's ok. Don't blame yourself none of this was your fault." Prince assured him.

  "No it's mine." I said sadly holding on to Prince's hand.

  "Regan this was nobody's fault." He said gently touching my face.

  "No Prince this is my fault. I should have told you sooner! I could have gotten you hurt."

  "No you wouldn't have. You're my baby. I would give my life to protect you. I always have and I always will."

Prince kissed me on the lips and held me close to him. Tony came up to Prince and tapped him on the shoulder.

  "Sorry to interrupt boss but he's off the property. Anything I should do from here on out?"

  "Yes. I know this is asking for a lot but it has to be done I need 24 hour security here and at Regan's house starting tonight. I will pay for the time just make sure everybody is protected. When Regan leaves she is to have someone with her at all times."

  "You got it boss."

Tony went back to the security desk down the hall to give the word.

  "Yo Skip everything cool baby?" Morris asked.

  "Yeah man we're ok now."

  "Good cuz we thought you were gone man! Don't do that!" Jerome said.

  "Well I want everybody to stay here at least util tomorrow to be safe. I don't trust him. You're all welcome to a guest room."

  "Good cuz I'm tired. I've had enough excitement for one day!" Dez said.

The guys left the room leaving me and Prince alone.

  "Prince?"

  "Yeah?"

  "I'm really sorry. About all of this. I never wanted this to happen. I was waiting for the right time to talk to you about Marcus but I couldn't do it without feeling afraid."

  "Does your mom know about any of this?"

  "No and I don't want her to know right now. I don't want her to convince me to transfer schools not while I'm close to graduating."

  "Regan you need to worry more about your safety!"

  "I am! My roommate had security stand at my door and do drive bys on campus. It's taken care of."

  "What if I send some extra guys with you just to be safe."

  "As long as it keeps him from coming back."

  "It will. Otherwise he'll have to answer to me.

Prince took me by the hand and we went to the main door of the room.

  "Let s get out of here. You need to rest." He said.

  "Will you be in the room with me tonight?" I asked him worried.

  "I'm not leaving you alone tonight. I'm gonna hold you until dawn." He said.

We went to the top floor bedroom and laid in bed beside one another. Prince didn't bother to change his clothes. He just did like he promised. He never left me and he held me until dawn.