Chapter 38

As we sat in the living room trying to come up with a plan to get Andre out unscathed and without getting caught we had tossed a million failed scenarios to the wayside. All that we had for sure was for me to climb in through the window and find a way to get the rest of us in and get Andre out. Nothing seemed to fit the plan as perfectly as we wanted it to. We were stuck. Without Andre here to be the mastermind of planning we were basically screwed. We were all getting frustrated and were running against the clock because now we were down to three hours before midnight. As we continued to bounce failing ideas off of each other Tony knocked on the door.

  "Come in Tony." Prince called as we all sat around thinking.

  "Hey boss. I got the guys ready to go. We're ready when you are."

Prince got up from behind his drum kit and went up to Tony and shook his hand.

  "Thank you for being here. I really appreciate it." Prince said.

  "It's no trouble boss. Anything for you and miss Regan."

Tony flashed a smile at me and I gave him
a smile back.

  "Get everybody together. I wanna talk to you guys before we do this."

  "I'm on it boss."

Tony left and did his job and the rest of us were still thinking about this seemingly doomed plan when Jerome starting laughing pretty loud and very hard out of nowhere. We sat and looked at him afraid and quite confused.

  "Uhhh.....Tricky? You cool man?" Dez asked as she moved away from him slightly.

He didn't say much other than

  "I got it!"

  "Well Tricky what is it?" I asked smiling at his gitty demeanor.

He just couldn't stop laughing.

  "Come on man hell we wastin' time what is it?" Morris snapped at him annoyed.

He finally calmed down and gave us the rundown on his laughter.

  "Remember when we were kids and we had dared Skip to break into the old saw mill and hide out there until sundown?"

  "Well yeah but that was when it was still operational. It's been closed for the last fifteen years." Morris stated.

  "Wait. I remember that dare." Prince said as the flashback of that day entered his memories of his childhood.

  "I vaguely remember that day but the only thing that I can remember about it was the hole we dug behind the building to get him out because one of the steel beams had locked him inside when he was trying to get out. That hole took us almost an hour to dig." I explained.

  "Mmhmm and do you remember how you got in?" Jerome asked with a big grin plastered on his face.

  "The receiving sta-" it hit Prince immediately.

  "The only way in there is the receiving bay. When the mill closed people were taking the doors off and using them as scrap metal. We have a way in!" Prince said getting excited that now we finally have something going.

  "But wait. What does me climbing in through the window and the hole have to do with getting inside through the receiving bay?" I asked a little confused.

  "We each will have a walkie talkie on us. Regan since you're small enough to fit through the windows and light enough to climbed the old scaffolding you would be our eyes at the top. Morris and Skip will head in through the back and find Andre and untie him and send him back out with Tony."

  "But what about Marcus? What if he's inside? And then the hole? Why is that important?" Morris asked.

  "The hole is the prop! If Marcus is inside we have to make him believe that Andre had escaped on his own and keep him occupied until the cops show up!"

Jerome was certain that this plan was going to work and we really wanted to believe him but we didn't want to get too excited until Andre was back with us. Prince stood up from the couch and was ready to get this plan Jerome put in place. It was up to us to make sure it went well.

  "My boy Tricky! It's genius!" Prince said.

  "Well then let's not waste anymore time. Let's go bring Cyclone Cymone home!" I said happy to finally end this nightmare once and for all.

Dez, Jerome and Morris left out of the room and I wasn't too far behind them when Prince had stopped me.

  "Hey beautiful." He said pulling me by the bottom of my shirt.

I turned to find him standing behind me with a look on his face I didn't recognize.

  "What's wrong Skipper?" I asked as I tried to read how he felt from his unknown expression.

  "I don't know if you should go tonight."

  "No Prince don't try to talk me out of this. Andre is my friend too and I'm going to help get him out of there."

  "I don't want anything to happen to you when all this goes down that's all."

  "Stop thinking like that nothing will happen. I will be fine."

  "Regan I'm just worried about you doing this and he tries to hurt you. I don't....I don't wanna lose you."

His eyes showed that he was scared and Prince is rarely scared of anything. That was his biggest fear. Losing me.

  "Do you trust me?" I asked him.

  "You know I do love but-"

  "Then trust me when I tell you that I will be alright."

I ran my hand down his face and smiled at him. He grabbed my hand from his face and kissed it. His smile was still giving off his fear but his eyes were showing his trust.

  "Come one they're waiting for us downstairs." I said to him softly as he still held my had.

I went to turn and head for the door when he held my arm tighter and pulled me quickly in to him. It was such a swift movement that before I knew it we fell into a passionate kiss for what he felt could be the last time. We broke our kiss and his eyes were trying to study my face.

  "I love you baby girl." He said.

His voice was just as deep and and loving as his love for me.

  "I love you too Skipper." I said to him softly had he held me close.

We left out of the music room hand in hand and met Tony and the security team along with Dez, Andre and Morris in the lobby. We were less than two hours away from bringing our plan to life.