Chapter 24

We reached the gate of Paisley Park and the security let us in.

"Late night tonight boss?" The guard asked.

"Actually this feels pretty early!" Prince said.

"Hey Regan! Good to see you again!"

"Hi Brian!"

"Keep him outta trouble tonight huh?"

"You know I will!"

Prince revved the bike and drove down the long road from the gate as Brian waved goodbye. When we pulled up the guys and Tony were waiting for us at the door.

"Hey man we ain't going home tonight. Is it cool to crash another night?" Andre asked Prince as he got off his bike.

"No y'all can go home." He said with a smile letting him know he was only kidding.

"Why even ask me that Dre you know you can stay as long as you want. Just don't touch my candy. Then I'd have to throw you out."

"Yo Skip you can eat at least a pound of sweets a day and still not gain any weight! What are you doing?" Dez asked him as he looked him up and down.

"Not eat real food." Prince said with a nonchalant tone.

"What!?!?!" Morris said.

"I've always been like this though you know that." He said walking through the door behind his friends.

"Yeah man which is why ya ass needs to eat! Real food brotha! Black people shit!" Morris suggested.

"Are you implying that I'm not black? I'm just as black if not blacker than you even on your best day!" Prince joked.

"What kind black man you know don't eat meat!?!??"

"What are you talkin about? I eat meat just not all the time. There's a difference. Red meat all the time shouldn't be a habit."

"You don't count cuz you light skinned black!"

"Yo Morris shut the fuck up!" Andrea laughed.

"I'm just saying if you don't get down on a slab of ribs at the family reunion somethin' wrong baby!" Morris replied.

"Y'all will never grow up sometimes I swear!" I said giggling at the childish banter that had just ended.

Prince was laughing so hard that his face was red and tears were streaming down his face. Morris and Prince always had crazy conversations like this. It was just the kind of relationship they've had ever since we were kids. Morris would tease Prince about his lifestyle and Prince would do the same. It was always in good fun. They had a strong enough bond that they knew not to cross the line. Even though they did have a temporary fall out every once in a while they would always kiss and make up like friends would. Even if they weren't speaking they would go through hell and back for each other. They were closer than friends. They were more like brothers. All of them were. Especially Prince and Andre. Prince had to live with Andre when his dad had put him out and they called themselves brothers ever since. Dez is the younger brother of the group. He tagged along where ever they went and they didn't seem to mind. I was just the neighbor that they had to protect because I was the only girl of the group that told them like it was and if they didn't like it I would say it louder just so they understood that I meant what I said. We were one big dysfunctional family in our own little way and we were just fine with that.

The guys laughed their way to their rooms and Prince and I were the only ones standing in the lobby. He turned to me with a smile and shook his head.

"Can you believe him? Not black enough. He's got nerve." Prince giggled after he gave his best Morris imitation.

"You know Morris. He thinks you have to eat something smothered in some type of sauce to be black." I said.

"He's a nutcase!"

"Well he's your friend so that would make you a nutcase too."

Prince embraced me and gave me a soft kiss.

"Tired yet?" He asked.

"Not really. Why?"

"Because i feel like we never finished our little thing from earlier."

His seductive voice made me weak at the knees and my eyes lit up at the idea of having yet another session of making love. This time it would go uninterrupted and I would have to complete the bet with the crunch bar feeding.

"Why are your hormones all over the place?"

"Because I like the idea of us naked and alone in the candlelight."

I don't think I ever blushed so much until just then.

"Well that sounds like fun." I said to him as he pulled me closer to him.

We went in for a kiss when someone was banging on the front door. We looked to find Tony holding what looked like to be a woman who was trying her hardest to stand.

"Boss help!" Tony shouted from the other side of the glass.

Prince and I quickly ran to the door to help Tony with the mystery woman.

"What happened Tony?" Prince asked frantically.

Tony laid her on the couch an the far side of the lobby facing up. We couldn't believe who it was.

"Prince.....it's....." I stammered.

"Yeah I know......René." He said.

This night just got stranger than intended.