Chapter 10

Days were slowly passing in Chanhassen. Prince was still in full security mode just in case Marcus decided he wanted to come back for a second round beat down. I didn't go out much since Prince wanted me to be followed by his big and beefy guys that keep him safe. Not that I was bored of Paisley Park or anything but I was beginning to feel homesick. I missed my room an my stuff. Mostly I missed my mom. Prince was always working in the studio to keep his mind off of worrying about my safety. I didn't see him as much because it was either that or have hot and steamy sex for hours. However, I just about all sexed out. Every night for at least a week we made love until sunrise. Not that it's not good any more it's just become the norm for the two of us. My body needs a break. As I sat alone in the guest room i paced the floors anxiously waiting to finally be free of these same walls that I've been locked behind for the last six days. I hate cabin fever but we've become very much acquainted. My pacing was ceased by the sight of a tiny Cardinal perched on the outside of the window. I walked to the window slowly hoping not to scare it away. I stared at its beauty and began to feel an overwhelming sadness take over. This little guy was free to come and go as he pleases. I on the other hand had to be watched 24/7. None of this was fair at all. I was more than ready to go home. My sadness soon turned into frustration as I continued to pace the floors some more. Before long pacing was no longer enough. My mind was made up and I was more than willing to march straight up to Prince and demand that I leave the property alone. I would rather know that I can still get home in one piece without being babysat like a toddler. I left out of the guest room on my search for Prince. I knew I could always find him in his studio working. There's my starting point. I made my way to the black studio door and put my hand on the handle. Before I opened the door I took a deep breath and mentally counted to three.

  "Here we go. You can do this Regan just tell him." I said to myself and opened the door.

Prince was sitting at his soundboard listening to one of his songs that he must have just finished when he was surprised to see me coming through the door unhappy.

  "Regan! You scared me! What's the matter?" He asked.

  "We need to talk. Now!" I demanded.

He turned off the song and stood up from where he was sitting.

  "You seem pissed. What happened?"

  "This situation happened!"

  "You mean us?"

  "No I mean me not being free to live my life without being always on edge or being followed by guys in black suits!"

  "Regan you know why-"

  "Prince I really don't want to hear it! I want my freedom! I want to go home!"

Prince was shocked to hear me say that I wanted to leave.

  "Why do you want to leave me? I thought we were good."

  "It's not you that I was to leave. It's this building. I need to go out and have fun. See a movie or go to the mall. Not sit inside the same four walls only to watch them close in on me. It's been six days! How much more of this do I have to take!?!?"

Prince stood quietly and still wore the same stunned look on his face from when I crashed the studio. He looked like he didn't know what to say.

  "Prince! I need to go home! Either you take me or-"

  "Regan. Chill out!" He said to me smiling.

I was so ready to slap that silly grin off of his face. I was feeling like he wasn't at all taking me seriously.

  "I'm glad you find this shit funny dweeb! I shouted angrily.

Prince then began to laugh even harder.

  "You sick little shit! You wanted me to suffer didn't you!"

Prince finally stopped laughing and came up to me with his arms out expecting me to hug him. I pushed him away from me annoyed.

  "Come on now stop acting like that. I'm not keeping you hostage. If you want to go home I will personally take you."

He kissed me on the cheek and opened the door to the studio.

  "Wait a second! Your taking me now?" I asked confused.

  "All you had to do was ask me. I already knew you were getting bored."

  "Wait how did you know that?"

  "Tony."

  "So you had him watch me?"

  "Nope! You were wondering the halls for the last few days like you were looking for something to do. Tony told me last night that you kept going back and forth to the fridge. And when you do that it means your getting restless. Let's go see your mom."

Prince took my hand and led me out of the studio and down to the lobby. We headed out the door and rode to my house on his bike. FINALLY! FREEDOM!