Chapter 25

Tony called for the other security staff to be on high alert as house staff got an ice pack and hot towels for Rene's wounds and her busted lip.

"Somebody just left her at the gates like this boss. I know how you feel about her but I couldn't just leave her out there all beat up like this." Tony replied.

"No you did the right thing Tony. I wouldn't leave her like that either." Prince said.

You could hear how sincere he sounded as he scanned René over for more bruises.

"So now we have a beat up and unconscious psychotic narc on our hands." I said agitated.

"Regan."

"Prince I don't like this. This has Marcus written all over it!" I snapped.

Prince stood from the couch and took my hands.

"Baby I know but you really need to relax. I'll take care of this. You just wait for me upstairs until me and Tony can sort this out."

"But Pri-"

"Regan you have to trust me. Nothing is gonna happen between me and her tonight or ever. Do you believe me?"

I looked at the unconscious girl on the sofa before Prince's question rang in my ears again.

"Do you believe me?"

I turned my attention to Prince who was looking at me as if he didn't want me to fly off the handle. I let out a sigh and answered his question.

"Yes Nelson I believe you. It's her I don't trust."

"I know. So let me take care of this. Go upstairs and get undressed and I'll see you in a few."

He kissed me on the lips and made his way back to Tony and René. I watched as I walked backwards to the steps before turning and running to the top floor frustrated. I went in the bedroom and closed the door. Standing in complete confusion and anger I was no longer in the mood to take off my clothes like Prince had wanted me too. Instead I paced back and forth across the bedroom floor trying to justify why this was a bad idea. Prince was downstairs for what seemed like forever and it was taking a lot in me to not leave the room and go back down to the lobby and pull him away from her out of a fit of jealousy. I didn't want to watch the clock because that would only drive me more insane. I was ready to pull my hair out from all the stress of thinking 'what if' when Prince finally showed.

"Hey! What's the matter?" He asked me.

"Nothing I'm just a little freaked out right now."

"Well you don't have to worry. Security is crawling through this place. Marcus won't have a chance to even get to the gate."

"Why you have trained snipers now?"

He looked at me for a moment.

"No."

"Then we're not safe until René leaves."

Prince grabbed my hand and sat me down on the bed beside him.

"You are gonna have a panic attack of you don't relax. I promised to keep you safe and that is what I will do."

As much as I really wanted to believe him I couldn't get my heart to do it. René being here is not the best situation and it would only be a matter of time before Marcus tried to break in through the gates and run through Paisley to find me like a California wildfire. Prince could still see on my face that I didn't feel right about any of this.

"Would it make you feel better if we both stayed down there with her tonight?"

"It would help a little bit it's still not enough."