Chapter 18

Prince and I found Tony standing over by the lemonade stand eating a hotdog and keeping an eye on Andre who was playing one of the shooting midway games. The staff that was watching Andre from a distance went to the bathroom and had Tony take over until he got back.

  "Tony we gotta problem!" Prince said.

Tony quickly thew his hotdog away and got focused.

  "What's up?" He said ready to work.

  "Marcus is here!" I said in apanic.

  "I'm on it." Tony said as he was about to radio to the other staff.

  "That's not all Tony René is out of jail and she she's with him." Prince told him.

Tony's face was blank. He couldn't tell if this was the real deal or if we were joking.

  "Wait. Both of them? Y'all sure?" He asked puzzled.

  "Tony were not joking around this is serious!" I pleaded.

Tony took his radio and gave the code word higher alert to let the other staff know that it's all hands on deck for the rest of the night.

  "Our best bet is to just stay together at this point Skipper." I said as I held on to Prince's to arm.

  "We'll do that love. Tony where's everyone else?" Prince asked

  "Andre is right behind you and Dez Morris and Jerome are riding inside the gravitron. They should be out in a few minutes."

  "Good. Then from here we'll all ride and do things together until it's time to leave." Prince said as he looked over his shoulder.

  "Babe maybe we should just go. What happens if they see us before then?" I asked Prince worried.

Andre came up behind me and Prince and placed a hand on our shoulders.

  "What's up fools?" He asked as he smiled.

Jerome, Morris and Dez came over to us from the gravitron and met us over by the lemonade stand.

  "What y'all standin' 'round for?" Morris asked us confused.

  "We're staying together as a group fellas." Prince said as he looked at Tony who agreed by giving a simple nod.

  "What? Why?" Dez asked.

  "Marcus is here with my ex."

  "RENÉ IS OUT OF THE SLAMMER? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?" Jerome asked.

  "I don't know but for now we don't separate. At least not until we leave." Prince said looking over his shoulder again.

  "I think that's a good idea. We were about to go get on the whip y'all coming?" Dez asked us.

His face looked worried. Dez must have wanted to keep me safe because he too began to look over his shoulder.

  "That sounds like fun! Can we do the bumper cars after? I owe Tricky a rear ending." I said as I squinted at Jerome.

  "DOES PRINCE KNOW ABOUT THIS!?!?!" Morris said as his eyes nearly fell out of his head.

  "Stop being nasty Morris that was not what I meant!" I shouted at him.

Prince scrunched his face and shook his head.

  "We wouldn't even be together if that was the case." He said.

  "Sick. Just sick both of you." I said crossing my arms.

  "We're just teasin' mama. Let's go have some fun shall we?" Morris said.