Chapter 9

The room was way too silent. I think I had stopped breathing for a minute just so I wouldn't be found by whoever is standing just a few feet away from the desk I was hiding under. I then heard the sound of something clicking.

  "Damn! Boss is gonna kill me! This is the second time!" The voice said.

The voice was very familiar. It was then followed by another familiar voice.

  "Tony?" Prince called.

  "Boss? Whatchu doing down here? And in the dark!"

The lights came on and I was suddenly calm as if nothing happened.

  "Damnit Tony!" I shouted from underneath the desk.

I crawled out and shot up to see him.

  "Miss Regan! Why are you under the desk?"

  "Because we thought you were Marcus!" I said angrily as I adjusted my shirt.

  "Tony what happened man? I told you keep your radio on at all times?" Prince scolded.

  "I know boss and I'm sorry but for some reason I can't get any channels. I don't know if it's because I dropped it moving that box out there from the gate or what."

  "That was you out there?" I asked.

  "Well yeah who else would it have been?"

I looked at Tony as if I just didn't say that I thought that he was Marcus trying to kill me. He soon picked up on the look on my face.

  "Right. Marcus. Sorry." He said apologetically.

Prince went over to the door and looked out the window.

  "Who's out there now?" Prince asked.

  "Brian's on the gate and James and Georgie are doing the lake. I'm taking over for Brian at the door."

Prince gave Tony a smile of approval.

  "Well oiled machine. Nice work Tony."

  "Thank you boss. And I'm sorry about the radio."

  "Nah don't worry about it. These things are old anyway. I'll have Lauren order new ones in the morning."

I looked over at the door to see the box still sitting outside.

  "So what's that?" I asked Tony pointing at the box.

  "Oh! Miss Regan your mom dropped this off for you during post change. She said to call her when you open it. It's for you and the boss she said."

Tony went to the door to bring the box inside and sat it down on the floor in front of us.

  "Gotta box cutter Tony?" I asked.

He reached inside his pocket and pull out a small blade. He cut the tape free and I opened the box to see what was inside. When I looked inside my eyes widened and I closed it quickly.

  "Well what is it?" Prince asked.

  "Oh you definitely don't need what's in here." I snapped.

  "What is it sex toys?" He giggled.

  "PRINCE! NO!" I shouted at him out of sheer embarrassment.

Tony let a small giggle slip as he tried to keep a serious face. Prince threw his hands up and kept laughing.

  "Let's see who's getting some tonight since you think it's funny troll." I said.

Prince's face was shocked. He put his arms out and tried to get me to hug him.

  "Come on baby don't do me like that. I still love you!" He said in an attempt to change my mind.

  "Yeah I'm sure you do."

  "So what's in that box of yours?"

  "I'll show you later. I'm going to take this upstairs to the studio."

  "Ok. I'll be right there."

I picked the box up from the floor and took it to the studio and sat it down next to the chair that he sits in when he works. I glanced over at the sheet of paper that Prince was scribbling down song lyrics on. For a man he had really beautiful penmanship. I grazed my fingers over his writing and smiled. His blue cloud guitar was resting in the chair. I ran my hand down the neck and gently plucked at the strings. The random notes softly filled the room. The sound of his guitar made my heart skip as I thought of his hand playing it. I began to picture him working the strings like he always does when he gets into a song he really loves. When ever Prince played any of his cloud guitars I was somehow turned on. Watching his face fill with emotion whenever the music poured  from his soul to his soft fingertips. The way his eyes would light up when he would work the crowd. I softly bit my lip thinking about his eyes and how honey brown and piercing they were. I could feel my body lusting for his touch. My cheeks were beginning to get warm the more I thought of his eyes and his hands. Before I  was completely lost in my soon to be sex dream Prince showed up.

  "You break it you bought it." He said in a deep voice.

The sound made me jump as I found myself holding on to the neck of his cloud guitar a little too tightly.

  "Sorry. I was just-"

  "Pretending that it wasn't the guitar you were holding onto?"

How embarrassing. I really need to work on my poker face.

  "That's no-"

  "Don't lie because we both know that you're bad at it. I know what was going on in that dirty mind of yours."

He winked at me as he strapped the guitar around him as sat in the chair.

  "You really think you know me!" I shrieked.

  "I don't think I know!" He shrieked back.

We laughed at each other for a moment then sat silently as he began to play a few notes on his guitar.

  "So you wanna tell me whats that box of yours now?"

I pushed the box over to Prince with a big smile on my face.

  "This was more for you than me. My mom must really love you."

He smiled and flipped the box opened. When he saw what was inside he started to laugh.

  "Oh Regan tell your mom that I love her too."

The box was full of fund raiser cases.....of crunch bars.