Chapter 16

Prince and I slept until about 2pm that day. We made no plans to do anything or go anywhere and if we did go anywhere it would probably be a random act. We laid in bed beside each other silently hand in hand. I looked over at his makeup less face. I liked him better this way. This was Prince in his natural state and he was glowing today. His hair was a bit of a mess but could easily be fixed with his hands. At least this time we still had all or clothes on. Most nights we would have amazing mind-blowing sex and wake up later naked. Talk about a fans dream come true. After about 15 minutes of laying silently I got up to take a shower and get dressed. I could feel Prince watching me with those Amber orbs of his.

  "I know your parents taught you that its impolite to stare right?" I asked him sarcastically as I put my hair up in a high ponytail.

  "What's wrong with me staring at you. I think your beautiful." He said as he sat up and leaned back in the headboard.

  "Nice pick up line Nelson. Do you use that on all you're groupies when you're out on the road?"

  "Now why would I do something like that?"

  "Because I know you! That's why!"

  "HA! You know me alright. That's what you think."

He got up from the bed and came up behind me and put his arms around my waist at we stared at our reflections in the mirror just across the room. The faces he was making at his own reflection were making me giggle.

  "This is the guy you think you know." He said still making faces.

  "Yes Prince Nelson the joker." I said still laughing at him

  "What about Prince Nelson the lover."

I tried to hide my blushing face by turning my head but he knew that even without looking at my reflection that he knew what he was doing.

  "Well you definitely are the romantic type." I said as I smiled back at him through the mirror.

  "I bet that fool didn't know the first thing about loving you did he?"

My smile slowly faded away and sadness came over me. I looked at myself in the mirror and was never so disappointed in myself for falling for a guy like Marcus.

  "Marcus didn't believe in love. He didn't have a heart in him to even understand what the hell love is." I said in disgust.

  "If you knew all of that why were you still with him?" Prince asked.

  "I don't know. I guess maybe I thought if I gave it time and loved him hard enough he would......I don't know.....change.....I guess."

Prince smiled at me in the mirror and held me tightly to his body.

  "If you have to love a man hard enough to make him change his ways then he's not the man that deserves you time. Or your heart."

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and turned my face to his.

  "He was never what you needed anyway. I was."

  "Then what took you so long?"

  "I guess I was afraid that I wouldn't get the same love in return. I wanted to be more than just your childhood friend for years. I wanted you to be the one I spend the rest of my life with."

  "That's what I always wanted from you. I guess we both wanted the same thing but were too afraid to go for it."

  "Maybe if I wasn't so scared Marcus would have never-"

I quickly stopped him by placing a finger on his lips.

  "Don't. Don't blame yourself. None of what happened was your fault and it never will be."

His eyes looked sad as if he was still beating himself up about the day he called me at my dorm.

  "Prince. It's ok. We're together now and I know you will protect me. Stop blaming yourself."

  "I love you baby girl."

He kissed me on the lips and tears began to fall from my eyes. The way he said that I love you made me feel overwhelmingly happy inside. My heart was racing with joy. This last month and a half Prince has been showing me that one thing that Marcus either couldn't or refused. Real love. This was pure bliss and satisfaction and I never wanted to lose this. We broke our kiss and Prince looked into my eyes and smiled.

  "Let's do something today." He said to me and his thumbs grazed my cheeks slowly.

  "We should! There's a carnival tonight! We should go! I know how much you loved going to the carnival when we were in high school."

  "Wanna invite the guys?"

  "Why not! Since Dez is back home for a while it would only be right if we all went."

  "Then that's the plan. Get dressed gorgeous." He kissed me and went inside his closet and I went into the bathroom to shower and get dressed. I was never so excited. Old friends like old times. Together again.