Chapter 11: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Alex!”

From the shadows, Alex came out, hovering over them by at least five or so inches. I’d almost forgot how tall he was. His hair was matted with snow, and his skin was almost as pale and blue as mine.

The one with white hair turned around, wide eyed, “Holy crap, dude, where’d you come from?”

Alex didn’t respond. The look on his face was indescribable. Anger to the highest degree burned in his eyes, and his eyes were set on Henry.

“Hey,” Henry said, his arm still wrapped around mine, so tight I wasn’t able to break free, “Are you mute? Speak up, dude.”

Alex clenched his fists and released a long breath of air, his eyes set to kill. “You want me to talk?” He snapped, his voice firm and demonic, but more so then usual. Was this what he meant by waking up on the wrong side of the bed?

He stepped past Henry’s greasy acolytes and up to the man himself, laying his hand on his shoulder. “How about… ‘get your damn hands off her?’”

I felt my chest clench, and I couldn’t breath. Alex was actually scary.

“Hey, man,” Henry said, grimacing, “Get your damn hands off me first!” He snapped. When Alex didn’t move, Henry scowled, “Fine, you asked for it pretty boy.” He growled. With the blink of an eye, Henry drew back his fist, and before I had any time to scream, or stop him, he directed his hand straight for Alex’s stomach. But then something interesting happened.

“Is that your idea of threatening me?” Alex snapped, catching Henry’s hand, then twisting it to an angle I didn’t know was possible, causing Henry to lash out in screams. Alex drew back his own fist and punched Henry in the stomach, causing him to fall do the ground, letting go of my wrist and screaming on the ground.

“A-Alex! Stop it!” I said, my eyes growing wide as Alex drew closer to Henry. “You’ll really hurt him!”

Alex simply ignored me. His nostrils flared and he scowled deeper then ever as he stared down at Henry with his cerulean eyes, which now flashed with such hatred, I would have never recognized them.

Henry finally stopped screaming and saw Alex inching towards him, “H-Hey! Stop it, dude! You’re insane!” He shrieked.

I’m insane?” Alex said, laughing demonically. “I’m insane? You’re hilarious, truly.”

“Stop it, Alex!” I snapped, for the hundredth time, afraid to approach him. I didn’t want to stare into the eyes that held such hatred, let alone get near them.

“W-What’s your deal, man?!” Henry said, beads of perspiration running down his frightened face. He looked at his acolytes that stood in shock and awe behind me. He scowled at them, “Don’t just stand there! Do something!” He roared.

Taken aback, the other two guys gave each other a look of understanding, then turned back to Henry, “Sorry, man!” The brunette one said, running off.