Chapter 16: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Samantha Stone, meet your new mommy.”

Obviously, I wasn’t too happy about this.

My mouth dropped, and I could barely form the words I needed to scold her. Was she out of her mind? Well, obviously, but you know what I mean. “Are you kidding me?”

“Hey,” Will said, smirking, “Hear her out. It’s not a bad plan.”

I sighed, crossing my arms, and prepared myself for a long argument.

“Fine,” I hissed, “Tell me everything.”

“Gotcha!” Violet said, brimming with joy, her eyes flashing with the excitement of a child on Christmas, “Okay, so listen. This is a long story, babe.”

---

“You’re girlfriend’s pretty, Kale. I like her sleepy face.” A hazy, feminine voice chimed.

“For the last time, he’s a boy.” A more masculine voice said in a blunt monotone.

“Coulda’ fooled me.” Another, more sarcastic masculine voice chuckled.

I rubbed my tired eyes as I felt the sunlight on my eyes, and the clamor of voices in my ears. As my vision set in, above me, I saw long, blonde ringlets that belonged to a cute, cherub little girl, dark chocolate hair that belonged to two different boys, and three sets of baby blue eyes staring down at me.

“Oh god.” I sighed, narrowing my sleepy eyes, “Mind giving me some space?”

“Sure thing!” Kale said, picking up Joey from under her arms and setting her off my bed and onto the ground.

“Cabbage, are mommy and daddy here yet?” I heard Joey whine in no time at all. This was the last thing I wanted to hear right after I woke up. Thank you, Joey.

“Not yet, Jo.” Kale said, stroking her long blonde hair patiently, “in maybe an hour or so.”

Joey sighed and stomped her foot, “That’s too long!” She wined.

“Deal with it, kid,” Alex said, sitting down at the foot of my bed.

I sighed, covering my head with my covers. I never could get much sleep here.

“Shut it, poop brain.” Joey hissed at Alex, her blue eyes flashing with anger.

I let out a small chuckle, and was reprimanded by a blow to the thigh by Alex. Um, ouch.

I threw the covers off my head; taking in a long deep breath, and sat up, quickly kicking Alex off my bed. I heard a loud ‘thud’ hit the ground, and a wide grin spread across my face.