Chapter 34: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Just 2 months left. Only 2 months.” Parker said, rocking back and forth in his chair in the beginning on English class.

“Until what?” Kale asked him, beginning to write down the assignment on the board.

“Till the end of school!” Parker said excitedly, a grin crossing his face.

My mouth almost dropped open at the hearing of that. I hadn’t thought of that. I only had 2 months left at school? That seemed crazy that I’d been here for so long without getting caught. Well, with the exception of Alex.

“Thank god.” Alex said, “It’s about damned time that this cesspool closes.” He rolled his eyes.

I rolled my eyes at him. It was actually sad to see the school year come to a close. I’d made so many friends this year, and even though I hoped I’d be back next year, something deep down inside me made me feel like there’d be something preventing me. Something that would stop me from coming. Perhaps I thought that I wouldn’t be able to keep this charade going on for another year. And besides, I’d accomplished my goal, after all. I’d met Kale, I’d hung out with him, and he’s one of my closest friends.

“Maybe if you got good grades, you wouldn’t hate it so much.” Kale suggested to Alex, turning back around towards him, raising a sly eyebrow.

Alex made a face at Kale, “And maybe if you weren’t so annoying, I wouldn’t hate you so much.”

Kale scoffed, “Oh, real mature.”

~*Alex’s POV*~

“Oh, real mature.”

I rolled my eyes, turning away from Kale. I was in no mood to beat him down with a witty insult today; too tiring. Lately, I hadn’t felt very up to doing anything, really. Maybe it was that school was coming to a close and I knew Sam would be leaving. As much as I hated it, there was nothing I could do. Kale would be with her in Florida for all of the summer and I probably wouldn’t see her once. Who knows what Kale would do once he gets her alone? I imagined something sick. And illegal.

“Oh, darn.” Mr. Ferguson said at the front of the classroom under his breath, searching around his desk aimlessly, “It seems like we’re out of tissues. Kale, would you go get some out of the teacher’s lounge?” He asked, looking over to Kale’s desk curiously.

Kale sighed and nodded, getting up out of his desk, “Sure thing, Mr. Ferguson.” He said, putting on a smile for him.

“Thanks, Kale.” Mr. Ferguson said, grinning as McCann walked out the door.

“Suck-up.” I muttered under my breath, beginning to write down the assignment on the board.

“Oh, and Mr. Gray will also accompany you.” Mr. Ferguson said upon hearing my complaint, smirking at me, causing a large amount of students to begin laughing.

I lifted my head up, sighing and pulled myself out of my chair involuntarily. “Fine.” I said, stuffing my hands in my jeans pockets.