Chapter 13: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Oh,” I said coolly, turning around to see a very smug Alex, “It’s just you.”

He frowned, looking rather disappointed, “What? You’re not scared?”

I shrugged, loosening my arm from his grasp, “I’ve gotten used to it.”

Frowning, Alex shook of his false pride and went on, “So? Did you call yourself?” He said, new pride forming, smirking as he leaned against the wall.

I narrowed my eyes, “Har har,” I said, “And it’s none of your business.” I snapped, turning on my heel to get back to lunch.

But another hand stopped me from leaving.

“Ah ah ah!” He said, scolding me as he wagged his pointer finger at me. “You forget our little agreement. Whatever happens to you happens to me. And I am not going to be expelled.” He said, narrowing his eyes.

I hit my forehead with the palm of my hand. Damn, I’d forgotten that.

Alex smirked, and let go of my wrist again. He’d realized he’d caught me. I was the mouse, and he was the cat. Leaning back against the wall, he grinned, “Lovely.” He said superiorly, “So, what’s the game plan, Stone?”

I took in a deep breath, and then let it out, not sure how I’d break this to him. Well, I had to tell him sooner or later. I bit my lip, “I…don’t know.”

Alex’s face fell flat, “You are such and idiot.”

“But don’t worry!” I said quickly, ignoring his insulting comment. “I’ve got my sister, Violet, coming up with it. She’s smart.” I said, grinning moronically, only I didn’t know how idiotic I sounded until I analyzed what had just come out of my mouth.

“That’s great. What is it?”

My heart dropped, “Uh…she said it was a surprise.” I said, my face paling.

Alex pursed his lips, shaking his head slowly, “You’re sister’s not the sharpest tool in the shed…is she?” He sighed.

I paled, “It depends what kind of smart you’re talking about, here.” I said bashfully.

Alex sighed and began to rub his temples, “You’re going to give me a stroke one day, Sam.” He hissed through clenched teeth.

I frowned, “Well, at least I’m trying! Plus, my sister’s never let me down before!” I snapped, “Just trust her!”

“I don’t even know her! But since she’d related to you, I’m not sure what a good idea that’d be…” He snapped.

I narrowed my eyes, “Well thanks for the constructive criticism!” I hissed sarcastically.

“Look,” Alex said, taking in a deep breath, “I don’t feel like arguing, so I’m just going to assume that you’re right about this. Which I kind of doubt you are, by the way.” He said, smirking matter-of-factly.