Chapter 32: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“You don’t have to come, Alex.” I said, raising a brow at him while he finished zipping up his jacket. He kept protesting that he wanted to come, but yet he wore nothing nice. It was just a band t-shirt, dark jeans, converse and that old, ratty, black jacket.

“But I want to.” He said sternly, running a hand through his hair.

I pursed my lips. Why was he so determined to go along on this date tonight? Earlier today he seemed like it was the last thing on earth that he wanted to do, but after English class today, it seemed like he was dead set on going. It kind of saddened me a bit, and made my blood boil; some other girl would get to spend all day with Alex. I’d just gotten over my Lucy turmoil, now some other chick was about to come in and snatch Alex away. And what was even worse was that maybe Alex wanted to go so that he could meet this girl. My fists balled up, rage coursing through me.

“But you seemed so against it before.” I said, frowning.

Alex paused, “…I-I want to support Parker.” He said, though something in his voice convinced me otherwise. He then turned around at me, staring me over. “Anyway, aren’t you going to get dressed?” He asked me.

I frowned, “Yeah, I guess.” I sighed, not eager to get outside where everyone would get to see me as a girl. I walked over to my bed where I’d lied out the clothes that Violet had packed me the first day; she’d put in some of my old clothes in there just in case something like this popped up. She was definitely thinking ahead.

I grabbed my clothing and ignored Alex’s gaze as I walked into the bathroom, lying out all of the clothes so that I could see them better. There was my wig that I’d neglected to give back to her on Family Day, and there was a pretty, light pink, button up short-sleeved blouse, a knee-length black skirt and a pair of white ballet flats. She’d also thrown in a light pink cardigan with a beaded hem. I quickly disrobed, unwrapped the gauze around my chest and changed into my new clothes, fastening on the wig and added a tiny amount of makeup. I hardly ever wore any before, but for this I needed to look even more girlish then I had before. I sighed, checking myself over one last time before exiting the bathroom.

“Alright,” I sighed, smoothing my clothes with the back of my hand. When I looked up, he was staring at me in shock, his mouth dropped just a tad. My face heated up at all the attention, “What?” I asked him, an eyebrow arched.

“N-Nothing,” Alex said, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly, “It’s just that…you look…nice.” He said quickly, under his breath.

My palms grew sweaty and my body stiffened, “Oh. W-Well, thanks.” I said, giving him a weak smile, trying to hide my blush.

Alex nodded, shaking some hair out of his face. “Don’t mention it.”

Suddenly, a knock came from the door and I hesitantly went over to open it. With a turn of the knob, I opened it to see Kale, Drake and Parker both in front of me. Parker’s mouth dropped wide open and he looked as if he was fighting back a fit of laughter, “O-Oh, sweet baby Jesus! You look just like a girl!”

I lowered my eyebrows, “Gee, thanks.” I said flatly. “So where are we going?”