Chapter 17: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

~*Alex’s POV*~

I hated crowds so much.

Swarms of guys were rushing to get to their parents; not leaving any open space for me to get to mine. Not that I wanted to, but if they weren’t accounted for I’d have to bring them into a conference, which would be even worse.

Finally, I’d shaken off most of the crowd. I kind of felt bad for leaving while Sam was still freaking out about her plan; but I knew if I stayed, she’d be begging to meet my parents, something I wouldn’t want to burden even my worst enemy with doing.

…Eh, maybe Kale.

Yeah, Kale.

Speaking of the devil.

“Yo, Gray,” Kale shouted, that moment feeling a hand on my shoulder.

I turned around, narrowing my eyes. I sighed, eyeing the girl next to him. Did she ever leave? “Hey, McCann. I thought I sensed failure emitting from this room.”

Kale rolled his eyes, “Have you seen Sam around?” He said, ignoring me.’

“No, what am I? His babysitter?” I said, rolling my eyes, “Now will you let me leave? I have better things to do then talk to you; like kill myself.”

Kale grimaced, pursing his lips, “I was just asking, Gray. And I do have to look over you,” He said, smirking, “Iam your mentor.”

I narrowed my eyes angrily. He’d never let that go.

“Anyway, I have to go—” I began to say, but something caught my attention. Someone behind Kale tapped his shoulder, and I froze in my tracks. I felt my face heat up as she moved out of the way and revealed herself. Oh my god.

“Hi,” She said, her grinning ear to ear, “My name’s Samantha Stone. I think I know you.”

---

~*Sam's POV*~

“Stop touching my hair! My wig’s gonna fall off!” I scolded Violet under my breath, swatting her hands away as we dashed for the auditorium. I just wanted to find Loretta, Michelle, and Alice and get this over with. I mean, family day was only an hour long. How much commotion could there be?

“But it needs to look perfect!” Violet hissed, tweaking my wig.

“Just stop it!” I barked, opening the big doors to the auditorium. I scanned around looking for anyone I knew. Dang it; Loretta, Alice, or Michelle were no where to be found. Or Alex.

“Where do we start looking?” Violet said, obviously thinking the same thing I was.

“You guys go look for the girls,” I said, peering around. It shouldn’t be too hard to find three girls in a sea of guys. I just hoped their boy crazy instincts didn’t kick in, “I’m going to look around for Alex.” I muttered.