Chapter 19: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“This is the coolest thing ever!” Parker said, a wicked grin spread across his lips as we all filed out of the van.

I buttoned up my jacket, shivering. It was freezing, but definitely beautiful. Snow capped mountains encircled the ski lodge, and the white snow crunched below our feet.

“It is really beautiful.” Kale agreed, coming around to the back to get his bags.

“It’s not bad,” Alex shrugged, brushing some snow off his shoulder, getting his overnight bags as well.

Aaron jumped out of the trunk and retrieved his backpack full of clothing, “Whoa, it’s freezing!” He lamented, shivering.

I nodded in agreement; I’d just gotten out of the car and I already felt frozen. I pulled my hat down more, practically covering my whole head, “Let’s get in the lodge,” I said, already having started towards the building.

We all shuffled in the ski lodge and let out a sigh of relief. Aaron and Drake both let out a long side of pleasure, grinning. “I like this place. It’s heated.”

Alex rolled his eyes, “If you wanted to go somewhere warm, why’d you come here?”

Aaron pouted angrily, “You know what, Alex, you’re such a big, fat—”

“Hey look!” I said fervently, trying to shut them both up, “It’s the check in desk!” I said, pointing to the woman at the desk who was looking at us funnily.

“I’ll go check in.” Parker sighed, walking off to the girl at the desk.

I nodded and looked around the room. It was nice; it looked basically how you’d think a log cabin looks like on the inside, only fifty times larger.

“So,” Alex said, showing up next to me, “You’ve never been skiing?”

“No,” I responded softly, feeling like I was the only one.

“How can you have never gone skiing?” Alex scoffed, his eyes widening in surprise.

“I’ve lived in Florida most of my life is how,” I explained dully.

“Lucky for you, I’m a great teacher.” Alex said cockily, nodding his head superiorly.

“Kale said he’d teach me,” I said quickly. Besides, Alex as a teacher for a sport that could bring upon broken bones could only spell out tragedy.

He chuckled, covering his mouth, “Wow, you must really be desperate if you’re trying to learn a sport from the queen of the fairies,” He said, running a hand through his hair.

“I heard that.” Kale said, flicking the back of Alex’s head.