Chapter 27: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

As my contacts started to work, my vision set in around the object in his hand. I could have died as I felt my chest cave in on itself.

It was a red rose.

“Ah!” He let out a surprisingly loud, bloodcurdling scream and threw the rose at me before I could truly prepare myself and my mind for what was occurring. As it sunk into my mind, I wish I could have taken that action back.

I had to do the death walk.

With Parker.

Don’t get me wrong. Parker was great, Parker was funny; Parker was an awesome friend. I just didn’t want to do the death walk with him, of all people. Parker was the most irrational person I knew. If anyone were to cause a scene, it’d be him. As I rubbed my temples, trying to get all the information to settle I looked back up to Alex’s worried expression. At least I didn’t have to walk with him.

“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god,” Alex chanted over and over, pacing around the rose as if the thorns contained poison and he was trying to avoid it at all costs. “Do you know what this means!?” He finally said, stopping to stare at me worriedly, his eyebrows slanted and his mouth slightly ajar as if he still hadn’t recovered from the shock yet.

“Yes, of course I know what it means!” I yelled. I considered that if I was going to stop ignoring him at any time, now would probably be the best. Then I noticed something odd. I turned to him, a scowl contorting my face, “Wait, what’s it to you?”

He paused, his mouth still open, “What? I can’t be worried? Something might go wrong, you know. Something with your weird girlish hormones or something, and you accidentally show everyone that you’re a girl then we both get expelled!—”

“What?” I snapped. He must’ve been delirious from the shock, “My ‘girlish hormones’ are not going to get me expelled!” I hissed. “We just…have to find a way to get me out if it.”

“Then…then think of a plan, or something!” He stammered, shrugging his shoulders.

I sighed, “I suck at that!” I snapped back.

A light flashed in his eyes and his natural, wicked smirk was back, “Oh! What about your sister?” He suggested cheerily.

It hit me like a freight train. Why didn’t I think of that? Not giving anyone any time to respond, I ran to the desk where my bag was and pulled out my cell phone. My fingers flying across the keyboard, I dialed up Violet’s number with a speed I didn’t know I possessed. Trying to ignore the butterflies from Alex, who was practically breathing down my neck as he stood behind me, listening in, I waited for the final ring where my sister would pick up.

Ring, ring, ring, ring.

“Hi!” A vibrant, happy-go-lucky voice chirped that I could only recognize as my sister’s.

“Oh my god! Vi, thank god that you—”