Chapter 43: I'm Obviously A Girl. But none of you idiots have to know that...

“Hurry up! We have to get this all perfectly right or else Sam has to go back living with the elderly in Florida!”

“I’m going as fast as I can, Parker…”

“Not fast enough! Vamanos, everbody let’s go! Come on, guys! If Dora the Explorer was here, she’d be so disappointed in you all!”

I waited outside the door, hoping that everybody would hurry up. Violet had called telling me that my parent’s flight came in today, therefore, Parker had to make everyone spring into action. I just hoped that Parker’s plan worked.

“Alright!” I heard Parker cry from inside the bathroom, throwing the door open to reveal all four boys decked out in the most formal clothing I’d ever seen them wear.

I found my eyes glued on Alex, with his combed black hair and tall, black slacks, a white button down shirt and a tie. He looked up, noticing my gaze, his blue eyes glinting, “You like?” He said smugly.

I felt my face heat up, suddenly averting my eyes to Parker and a stack of clothes that he had outreached for me, “Alright, Sam. Now put these on and do whatever it is girls do when they get ready.” He said, smiling warmly.

I eagerly snatched the clothing from him, turning quickly into the bathroom where I lied out my outfit, staring it over morosely. I dressed up like a girl a lot for someone posing as a guy. I stared at a plaid, blue and green sundress with a pair of black flats and a white cardigan. I reluctantly began to take off my t-shirt and jeans and threw on the much more uncomfortable clothing. I looked at myself in the mirror, pushing my hair out of my eyes. I had barely noticed how long I’d gone without a haircut. My hair was almost down to my chin, since I hadn’t got it cut since practically…last year. It all seemed so long ago.

I sighed. Quickly, I ran a brush through my hair and applied a small amount of lipgloss and eyeshadow like Parker had instructed. Nervously, I pushed some hair behind my ear and exited the room awkwardly, staring at my feet the entire time. I didn’t know why presenting myself as a girl embarrassed me so much; I’d done it twice before.

“Alright! Perfect!” I heard Parker announce, clapping his hands together excitedly, “I think we’re set!” He said eagerly.

“You know, Parker,” Kale said, neatly adjusting his tie correctly, “I’m kind of surprised, Parker. This plan might actually work.”

Parker scoffed, rolling her brown eyes, “My plans always work! The only issue is whether they’re rational or not!”

Kale rolled his eyes, “What I’m saying is that this is a pretty solid plan.”

We all nodded in agreement, Aaron and Drake especially. “I mean, usually, your plans involve gallons of mayonnaise, lawn ornaments, tin foil, fire and 80’s rock CDs. This is just…normal.” Drake said, running a hand through his neatly combed back hair, “I have to admit, I kind of like it.”

Parker scoffed, “And you doubted me…” He laughed, throwing his head back.