Part 30 - Meeting again

:D I'm sorry that Sydney popped out. I had to! But hey, they meet again! Enjoy ^.^
————————————————

(Delirious POV)
Almost two weeks passed by and Nogla invited me to Ireland. He said he would have celebrate Lui's birthday. I really didn't want to go but they were my friends, and I didn't want to be selfish.

I'm ready! I am ready. Am I ready? Oh I don't know. They said he was gonna be there. And he won't be alone. That had to hurt him so much that he found someone else so quickly. I thought he said he loved me.

"That's all you have? Only one bag?" I raised my eyes to look at Mini, who was too kind and offered me a ride to the airport.

"We're going to Ireland, not Alaska. I think you and Tyler get too much used to the Bahamas," I joked, and felt happy that they helped me think about anything else then Evan.

It was so hard without him. Like he had everything I used for living. But I couldn't be happy the way he pictured me. I wasn't machine that he could turn on whenever he wanted. If he preferred physical love over mental then we were not supposed to be together. My sense knew it. But my body and my heart were still fighting. It was like the small voice deep inside.

"C'mon. We're ready."

We both walked to the car where Tyler was already waiting. I owned them so much. For letting me stay at Tyler's house, for not trying to dig deep into my problems, the reasons why I didn't want to stay at my place.

I sat down and locked my sight on the environment around me, instead of looking at two lovers in front of me. It was still hard, but I was slowly getting through it. Nothing big. Just a small steps.

We arrived at the airport where the most of my friends were already waiting. Evan as well. As my eyes stopped at the girl standing next to him I felt suddenly so sad. Like my heart still wanted to trust his words, the words of love he said to me, but I knew it wasn't true.

I came for my friends, not for him. I have to show him I'm over it. That he didn't hurt me. I won't let him have that honor.

I forced myself to smile as we were getting closer, even though my heart was aching. I hugged them all and stopped in front of that girl.

She's pretty. Much more prettier then myself. I just hope she's making him happy.

I took a deep breath and stretched my hand to her for shake.

"I'm Jonathan," I greeted her, my voice firm without any sign of my true feelings.

She took my hand and we shook, big smile on her face.

"Sydney. I'm not sure I had that honor to know you. Evan hasn't mentioned you," she replied and at the end I glanced over Evan, who was talking to Lui.

Ouch. Of course he hasn't. Why would he? I'm nothing to him, obviously.

"Yeah. I'm just some stranger, we're not in touch that often."

It was the time for me to move to Evan. I really didn't want to but it would be embarrassing for all of us if I ignore him once again. I did few steps towards him and waved in greeting.

"Hi," I mumbled, when I stopped in front of him.

"Would it be too weird if I hugged you?" He asked silently, and my heart started to race.

I really didn't want to be so close to him, but on the other hand our friends would have known that something is not right.

"Why not," I replied and immediately felt his arms around me, pulling me closer to his body.