Part 37 - He's back

Sorry for the delay. The next part is the last. Thanks for everything, your comments and your support. You're the best.
—————————————————

(Delirious POV)
"Do you have everything? I could buy you something at the mall." I slowly smiled at Lui, hiding my annoyance from that eternal guarding.

"You're too kind. But I think Nogla is waiting for you at home."

I really wanted to be alone again, think about Evan, about us.

"Nah, he's still at some friends. Are you not happy having me as a companion?" I sighed after his words.

"Of course I do. But I'm grown up. I don't need all my friends watching me 24/7." He slowly smiled after my sentence.

"You would be glad if Evan watched you all the time, am I right?"

I felt tears, slowly creeping into my eyes and my heart stopped beating. Lui sat right next to me and took my hand into his.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to. He's dumb that he's with Sydney and not with you," he whispered and I sighed.

"Don't be. It's ok. How are you managing holding Nogla for yourself? Isn't it hard to keep relationship?" I asked, and he raised his eyebrow.

"You have to know how it is. You've had how many? Four relationships?" He guessed with smile.

None. I've had none. Oh one! I've had Jason. Does it counting as a relationship? I think yes. I shouldn't have lied to them about this stuff.

"I know, but you were best friends, and then BAM relationship."

I wanted him to talk. I wanted to know how exactly they got together. I wanted to share their happiness.

"We've already told you. But if you want that in my perspective... I had never thought about Nogla more then as a friend. We talked a lot, we helped each other and so on. But the times he spent at my place helped rise something inside me. I didn't know what was that. But when we was at the Disneyland and he wanted to express himself I release I like him more. Delirious you will find somebody, truly. I know you think that Evan is the only one but if he's that stupid to not release how much you love him then let him go."

It's not like it. He wants me and I sent him flowers as a message. I love him.

"Thanks. For everything," I whispered and he patted my back.

"Any time. I think I will go. Talking about this fills my mind with Nogla. So tomorrow is Mini right?" He asked once he stood up.

I escorted him to the door and watched him leave.

I was sitting down in the living room, my whole
body consumed by nervousness and uncertainty.

What if he doesn't get my message? I should have write him something, anything. What if he thinks it's from some of his old fuck buddies? What if he thinks it's from Sydney to move their relationship to next level?

I heard doorbell. My heart almost jumped out of my chest. With Evan, and no plan what to say or do if it's truly him, in my mind I went to open.

There he was. Standing, waiting. I could tell he was nervous, fear filled in his eyes. I got lost in his color and couldn't properly move. I was so happy to see him again.

"Hi." It was him who broke the silent between us.

"Hey. Wanna come in?" I asked.

"Does it have any hidden message?" He replied and I frowned in confusion.

"What?" He sighed after my words.

"I'm here for the answer. So if you're going to reject me then do it here. No need to get comfortable."

Oh. So did he or did he not get my answer in that flowers? I thought it was obvious.

"Uhm... please come in. It's getting cold." I moved to let him pass by me.

This is getting a bit awkward.

I followed him to the living room, where TV was already turned on. He sat down and handed me some bag.

"This is yours."

I unzipped it and took out my clothes that I had borrowed him before the wedding. I totally forgot that I had his clothes upstairs.

"Thanks. Gimme sec, gonna bring yours," I mumbled and walked upstairs.

I opened the closet and took out his clothes. I breathed in his scent, that I miss so much, and sighed. I returned to him and forced my tears to back up.

"You can keep it."

"Ok, thanks. You want something to eat? Drink?" The whole atmosphere around us was so tensed.

"Did you send me flowers?" He answered instead.

I took a deep breath to answer him but we both heard a knock on the door.

"Excuse me for a sec." I frowned and went to open it.

Maybe Lui forgot something. Or it's Mini.

I saw Jason.

"Wha-" I wanted to speak but he interrupted me.

"Jonathan listen. I know you chose Evan and I know that I was so dumb to push you even to choosing. But the times with you were perfect, and I can't stop thinking about you. What do you say? We can start over."