Dependence

"D-Dad?..." I whimpered, removing myself slowly and shakily from the hiding spot. There had been dead bodies everywhere, but the one I was slowly limping to had been my father's.

It was night time, crickets chirping around the country side. The open skies, dusty lands, and old–nasty houses is where I had grown up. It was all I known.. My father was a drug dealer and had a lot of meth labs around the main house. The men that worked for him would keep look out night and day, helping him load the drugs and deliver. I'd simply watch, and help if needed.. I was always quiet and socially awkward. I also didn't know who my mother was.

A night like this one was different because apparently my father and his men were being targeted by another group of really strong males. As I was helping load the last shipment. They'd snuck in then killed off many before the whole area was alerted of their arrival. My father hid me immediately behind a trailer.. completely scared. Gun shots had always frightened me.

It wasn't long until the shooting stopped and I heard voices. I peeked out, tears brimming my eyes at the lifeless body count.. The group all wore black with masks or coverup. One was an owl, monkey, pig, hockey mask, hoodie (Cartoonz), paper bag(Daithi), and bandana(Moo). They had been loading their truck with meth, sorting through all the acquired money from our last shipment.

I walked out and was immediately noticed by the bandana one. My eyes widened as he fixed his stare at me. The guy in the Hockey masked also noticed, yelling out. "Hey girl!"

Moo's POV

"Hey girl!"

Delirious caught everyone's confused attention, I let my eyes focus on where he was staring to see a small teenage female with a dirtied baby-blue dress and messy blonde hair. Fear engraved to her trembling form, she soon screeched out for her father, which had been the leader we killed.

Her clumsy form found its way to the lifeless body that was her father and began sobbing. My breath caught, but I turned to Vanoss who was equally caught off guard. We were all quiet.. Until Evan slowly walked over to the distressed female.

"Hey.. "

"G-Go away ...b-before I-I call the police..." She quietly cried, not bothering to look up, her dress bloodied.. she trembled in fear, severe anxiety, and from the brisk desert air hitting her bared shoulders. Did she honestly think that scared us..?

Evan looked back, actually considering of leaving the girl. Finally, with out a word, lifted himself up and went back to the truck. Everyone fell dead silent except for the crying.

Wildcat, Lui, David, and Delirious eventually followed his lead and began loading the rest of the stuff up before saddling up. I stood there with Luke..

"Fuck this..." He sighed and immediately jogged towards the girl, kneeling. I followed.. relieved someone kept their sanity, of all people.

"Hey.. What is your name..?"

"B-Brooke.." She replied weakly.

"I'm Luke, That's Brock.." She simply nodded, wiping her nose with her arm finally looking up. Nasty bruises dressed her sun-tan skin and cheeks, I'd only assume from the men her dad kept around.

"How old are you?.." Cartoonz kept his voice low and compassionate. A soft, almost loving gaze..

"I-I'm.. 14."

"Well.. Brooke. You can't ... Live here by yourself, it's dangerous.. For the night we can take you back to our place and get you a bed to sleep on. If you want.."

"Y-You.. will.. kill me.." She hiccuped.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've done so already.." I stayed quiet, observing the female who was finally calming down. Evan soon made it to our side again, also observing the situation.

She looked down, her tired green eyes giving in.. Brooke needed to get cleaned, and rested up with a hot meal. I lifted off my black heist jacket and wrapped it around the girl, she clung onto my side deep in thought. Cartoonz lifted himself up and made his way back to the truck and we followed.

Brooke leaned into my side, very dependent.. her trembling stopped and I'd watch as her eyes slowly dazed off into a slumber through the long ride back to the city.

That night we had silently bonded after returning. I got her cleaned up in the shower and in spare clothes that were a little too big. We hadn't spoken a word, but she seemed to use this time to calm down.

Evan decided to keep her to train, plus Brooke was a young female witness. Ever since then she always kept close to me, I felt blessed to finally be depended on, and promised myself to protect her.