Lessons (Lui Calibre x Brooke)

Lui Calibre - Oneshot

Lui's POV

The woman was beautiful and young, still withholding a glimmer of petaled innocence within her bright green eyes. High-maintenance and expectant on the finer things in life, yet she wasn't a whiny stuck-up brat. I'd assume this being because of her past life was filled with getting beaten, shutdown, and abused before Brock took her in. She knew what it was like to be punished and feared it. Guilt and sadness would be evident on her face every time she'd push Vanoss past his boiling point. He adored her though, from day one. Brooke was one of Evan's priorities, not even Brock could outrank his protective nature of the girl.

Evan wasn't the type to say he adored her. Evan also wasn't the type to show it with correlating actions. Instead, he showed it by REACTING to her antics against him. Often times just chuckling, or actually getting mad for a second then attempting to remove the guilt he caused. From afar, she did it to garner his affection or attention.. Since he was always either busy, distant, or serious when it came to Brooke.. I think she noticed it, and hated that he could be light hearted with everyone except her.

I wish she understood it was only because he truly adored her and wanted to keep her safe. As of right now, I'd watch the girl from my place leaning against the wall with my arms crossed.. She was upset at him again, and I saw her silent tears when she rushed down the hall. To her luck, I stopped and pushed everything out of her until she was venting. I figured out Vanoss had upset her.

Eventually, I took her down in the armory/target training room. Brooke was now standing and practicing her aim to relieve the built up tension. It seemed to work. Although the girl had better aim than the average human, she still needed help.

I lifted myself from the wall, seeing her pointing the gun slightly down and cursing at her lack of results.

"I-I can't do this, Lui!" She huffed flustered, putting her arms back to her sides.. I looked up at the paper target then back at her.

"You can. Trust me. Just... Here let me show you." I made her lift her arms and aim once more but adjusted the angle of her gun slightly. "The abdominal is naturally the main target in random battle unless planned other wise, so having your gun angled slightly up when aiming will ensure you either hit the abdominal or chest. Maybe even head."

"O-Oh.." She slightly whimpered and shot, getting a bullseye. I couldn't help but smile as her face lit up. "Good job, Shroom."

"T-Thank you, Lui.."
--

A couple hours went by of just pure training, I noticed that familiar smile soon coming back. Her mind completely off our Leader and focused on improving. Brooke had improved immensely within the hours; loving the progress and hobby of it. Plus, I didn't mind showing off to the female and being praised for my skill with aiming, sniping, and fast reflexes.

As of right now, I sat against one of the benches-timing her while she was taking a gun apart and putting it back together as fast she could. I smiled lightly to her when her face lit up from beating her last time.

"Hey, what's going on?" Vanoss made his way over to us, and I noticed the girl's face instantly faded, but I kept my expression relaxed. "Shroom and I had been practicing combat for a few hours now."

Vanoss paused then nodded, signaling me to come with him, immediately Brooke's eyes rolled. No doubt, she was use to this behavior from her Leader-keeping things from her. I obliged lifting myself and strolling with him back up stairs to the main living area.

"There has been seven bounties placed in Los Santos, I want you to take them out tonight, preferably killed if not then taken to the police. Here is their information of their current locations, names, and appearance, you are on the job now." He handed me a folder, and I nodded.