Bruises Part 1 (Vanoss x Brooke)

Vanoss x Brooke Oneshot

Vanoss's POV

"Brooke is home, right? I haven't seen her all evening.."

I rubbed the back of my neck, usually the 18 year old was out and about discussing and drinking around the couch with us. Brock looked up to me and swallowed some beer, nodding.

"I checked up on her this afternoon and a bit ago. She said she didn't feel good, and later she was just under the covers sleeping."

I relaxed a bit, but even still that was very odd thing to happen. Brooke, even when ill, hung around us tightly. She adored us. But as of late, she's been often times very busy, it couldn't be because of last week, could it? Was she distancing herself from me because of me yelling at her?

Last week, Brooke had crashed my car in a underground drag race, she was lucky she made it out alive. I had received a call from one of my alliances who had also attended the event but didn't know she was there to begin with until she was seen putting MY money down for MY car to win.

Needless to say, I was livid and that night I had went off on her, but oddly she wasn't begging for forgiveness but very silent. I could see the guilt blatantly upon her expression. Unlike the other times she has gotten into trouble, I didn't give her any leeway in the slightest. I stayed pissed for several days until finally I calmed down.

Ever since then, she's been very, very distant towards me, Tyler said that she might be expecting a one on one chat from me, like usual. But I persisted to stand my ground.. Maybe finally she will realized not to mess with my authority.

"Who the fuck cares.." Marcel mumbled with distaste. "Brooke can take care of herself."

"She obviously fucking can't." Tyler scoffed referring to last week, leaning back against the couch. Moo seemed to form a noticeable glare at him, making almost everyone uncomfortable.

"Hey. Calm down.. Evan, wanna play some beer pong?" Nogla lifted himself up, I shrugged and sighed..

"Sure, let's do it."

---

Brooke's POV

I felt worn out. The bruise upon my cheek and temple throbbing with pain, dried blood leaked from my nose and mouth. I blinked exhausted in front of a dirtied bathroom mirror. I wouldn't allow the tears to mask my pain, just mere stoicism.

It was 9 P.M. currently, and I had been fixing myself up in a gas station bathroom, to go back home. So far no missed calls or texts so, I should still be safe. And my foundation had done the trick to cover up any bruises.

My hair in long loose boxer braids, wearing a hoodie and yoga shorts with knee-high boxing shoes and a backpack, filled with a pair of boxing gloves and makeup. Tonight's underground cage match had been significantly rough against four men for a championship but luckily I got away with rigging the game.

The bidding was high, and had I lost I would've lost my life or even more money I'd owe to Evan. My knuckles were bruised profusely with the brass studded knuckles, but I won.. My cash reward stacked with rubber bands in my pocket-10,000$. I still had a lot to go until I'd be able to fully pay Evan back, so I am hoping this little game lasts longer where as my presence wouldn't be missed.

Finally, I checked to make sure I looked as normal as possible and hoped for the best. I hated letting my leader down.. The disappointment in his eyes killed me a thousand times over. It caused me to do stupid shit like this to prove something. That "something" was still not known.
---
Sighing, I took a deep breath, I already could hear them in the main living area through the door. It was either wait until they go to sleep and stay out in the hall way all night or tough it up and just walk to my room. I was shivering and exhausted, the last few nights had been me training on my own at a gym.