Seperation Anxiety

Happy Birthday Delirious !

Delirious x Reader Highschool AU

Y/N POV

Sitting next to my older brother Delirious at the diner, I latched to his arm sipping my cookie dough shake. Cartoonz, Him, Ohm, and I just got done with school for the day and decided to meet up with the rest of their friends to hangout, in the meantime we played UNO.

"Reverse!" Ohm laid his blue reverse card onto the pile. "Shit! I don't have blue..." He drew a card annoyed, leaving his classmate Ohm amused. They were all seniors and I was a freshman, but considering my attachment to Delirious, I never really cared to hang out with friends my own age. At rare times I felt like I annoyed him, but it couldn't be helped.. therapy hadn't worked in regards to healing my state of mind. But I enjoyed the counselor and the many other people I met..

Delirious wasn't really my older brother.. he just sorta adopted me as a sister after he found me when I was 9. He didn't have parents either, and suffered from schizophrenia, mainly when his blood pressure rose is when the man would reveal this side of him. Overall, rather violent temperament. Cartoonz had anger issues as well, but no underlying cause, he kept his past a bit secretive.. but I could tell his parents probably put alot of responsibility on him at a young age.. Almost making the man a bit too practical and umemotional. As for Ohm, he has very bad social anxiety and has a condition called Visual Snow, television like static will cloud his vision when hes stressed out. Ryan never really got over his parents abandoning him either after they divorced.

They were all close friends, often skipping their classes together, but still Delirious was very strict on me going to therapy, getting a proper education, and trying to be more independent. He wanted me to live a normal life, but I couldn't help to think I was already happy with my life. He always told me that he wouldn't be around forever.. which I can't help but to brush aside.

"Your turn, babygirl." Cartoonz inquired softly, snapping me from my daydreams. He was unusually kinder today, they all were. I had a very bad case of dosing off into space and in my thoughts, so much so that my peers would have to snap me back into reality. I set down a blue skip which skipped Jonathan from going. He cursed under his breath.

"Are ya'll two motherfuckers playing footsy underneath the table." Cartoonz knitted his brow, looking at Ryan and I. Giggling, I shook my head, as the grey hoodied man smiled.

"I know right.. they are like tagteaming us... and this is a 1v1v1v1 match!" Delirious chuckled.

"Alright, we are here!" A familar voice said, we all looked up to see Evan, Tyler, and Brock... I felt my heart pound a little more upon seeing the tall-built, asian male, but we made room for them all. They all wore lettermen jackets since they held strong pride of their football team.

Delirious knew of my crush with Evan and hadn't been too happy about it, I think Ohm and Cartoonz knew as well.. but my brother definitely disapproved and made it clear that Vanoss was 'a player who used girls'. They sat down and ordered, while keeping a conversation going. I sorta wished I could be social like them.. however I could barely keep a conversation.. Mainly because I don't know what to say.

Majority of the time, I sat in complete silence and listened or dosed off into my daydreaming.

"What do you have planned for your 19th birthday, Delirious? Its tomorrow, right?" Brock asked, sipping on his strawberry shake.

Oh! I had almost forgotten... Tomorrow had been Delirious' birthday, I still had to give him a gift and bake him a cake! But I noticed, he tensed up a bit and the tone of his voice sorta lowered. "Well.. Just chill I suppose?"