Rotting Bullet

Request : Miniladd x Amber/Bullet

Amber's POV

Rain poured down, drenching the concrete my face and sweat pushed up against. Warmth and ache engulfed my stomach as it had been pierced by a gunshot immobilizing my movement. I clenched my jaw in pain, and allowed tears to sting my eyes... not out of my very weakness but as I remembered each important memory of my family. Were they safe..? They were definitely loud.. who was the man on the wire in my ear yelling commands..?

Why am I on ground... how long have I been on the ground.. why can't I move.. why am I growing cold though I am sweating...?

The yelling and gunshots soon became a white noise, like having a fan on in your room. Its that when you turn the fan off, everything seems a little too quiet..

Why was everything now quiet.. cold, and dark? Yet, peaceful...

____

Miniladd's POV

It was rare that one of our family would have been fatally injured like this, mostly gunshots towards the shoulder or calf. I wouldn't expect anything more. Brown curls still drenched in rain and her own very blood... or whoever Amber may have killed in the process. Personally, I never seen her so relaxed. Was that a good thing.. or a bad thing? On one hand she is near death.. on the other she does not have to worry..

I just stared down at her bare stomach, numb inside as she lie on the operating table completely unconcious. The atmosphere was calm in my medical room, for me to focus. As far as I knew, Vanoss would be checking in soon after counting our earnings from the heist they completed 10 minutes ago. Evan had his alliances he needed to deal with.. and though his own people, the anonymous people (usually drug lords, and people beneath the drug lords.)  who consider him as "Boss", constantly have cash flowing in from all directions. It would be cautious to have our large amounts from personal heists.

But all for... what? To sacrifice our own; the few out of the our gang life food chain who ruled Los Santos? I always hated Amber. But.. this reality check had been like a baseball bat swung to the back of a head. She was apart of this family, this foodchain, and our immoral lowgrounds.

After pulling it out with a pair of tweezers, I'd allow the bloody single piece of sniper ammunition to drop down into the metal bowl for further inspection after I stitch her stomach up. Why was so I bothered?

Shifting in my seat, I'd focus solely on getting her fixed up and clean quick before anything were to happen.

I barely heard Vanoss come into the dark quiet room with nothing but the bright light above Amber.

"What was she hit with?" The man crossed his arms, a few steps away to observe.

"Sniper. It looks like it came from a gun we already have in our stock pile. I'd have to see.." I slowly replied, stitching the last of it before pulling back to clean everything up.

"She will be fine but obviously, bed rest, pain medication, and close watch will be needed." Continuing I'd just hear him grunt.. which sorta pissed me off.. I understood Vanoss' detachment to his group, his feelings did not get him to where he was.. but he could at least pretend.

"I have a name. FIB officer, Dean Votler, information will be on the counter.." Without looking up from my work, sorta disinterested the leader left. The hell was he giving that information to me for? I am not the bounty hunter or a hunter in general... he should be giving this to Lui or Delirious. Im just a medic for fuck sake.

I pulled off my gloves and mask throwing them away and turning the lights back on after wrapping her up and setting her in a proper bed. I was tired but decided to pull the papers from the counter and check it out.