Bruises Part 3 (Vanoss x Brooke)

Vanoss x Brooke

Bruises Part 3

Evan's POV

What time was it?

6:12 AM

I leaned back from my desk, papers scattered everywhere. The stack of money buried under the papers I had decided to finish because I found myself restless throughout the night. My eyes dried, and getting sleepy.. It would be best if I went to sleep now. The dawn sky was cloudy and dark, but last night's tension was out of sight and mind as everyone rested.

Running a hand through my hair, I sighed and stretched. Eventually I had to face Brooke, once again. I would dread that moment, I would be lying if I said I didn't regret everything I said last night. I tried to approach the issue with logic but it slapped back in my face with my own guilt.

All I wanted to do was to be left alone and locked up in my office. To Not face the stress of today, which had been very unlike me.

--

Brooke's POV

The vague light of Los Santos' cloudy dawn filled my room, but still my room was relatively dark still. My lashes fluttered awake, and I was met with a throbbing migraine, my eyes hurting as well as my cheek. I was still very tired but I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to bed until I took some pain medicine.

Brock was fast asleep, his arm loosely clutching me as I had been laying on his chest. I wasn't going to wake him up for my needs, so I'd decided to get up myself.

I snuck my way under his arm and pulled the blankets over his body, only to make up way to my bathroom and clean up a bit with a new hoodie, fixing my hair, washing my face and brushing my teeth. The hope I had last night was gone, that I'd actually be given the opportunity to stay and redeem myself. I had been fooling myself. Once more I felt an empty hole fill my insides, wishing I was never so stupid to do it in the first place.

Leaving my room quietly, my sore body slowly making its way down the hallway to get something to drink and some medicine from the kitchen. I secretly hoped no one was up yet, I didn't want to face anyone if it to not soothe my insides. The only way to relieve the pain was with medicine and an approval for me to stay with the only people I had ever bonded with.

Popping a couple unprescribed pain medicine, I left the kitchen then made my way back to my room. It seemed like no one was up until I heard shuffling from inside Evan's office, my heart went numb.

--

Evan's POV

I opened my office door, attempting to walk out and go to bed, but even still I was met with a member of my crew. Our eyes locked for a moment, and I could tell she had been in distress last night, her cheeks were red and bruised, eyes were puffy. Even though it tore me down, I stared with that same stoicism I always did when it came to the lone female.

She had jumped a little, eyes widened obviously having heard me prior to opening the door. Hands clinging to the sleeve of her hoodie with insecurity.

"E-Evan.." She attempted at choking out. I didn't miss the subtle tear that filled her eye but quickly dried up.

"What are you doing up?" I asked, Shutting the door behind me, letting the hallway fill with darkness.

"I-I... Needed some headache medicine."

"Oh, yeah? I bet."

"M-Mhm.."

Small talk felt nice right now, but only with her. It would seem had it been anyone else, I would've been extremely annoyed.

"I-I don't want to leave.. Please." She pleaded softly, I sighed, the small talk over.

"Let's go to my room. I've been up all night and I'm tired." I gave in, making my way down out of the hallway into another one across the living room. I could hear her padded footsteps a bit behind me but I wasn't in a mood to wait for her.

Opening my door, I waited for her to take her step in before I made my way in, closing the door behind me.

"Sit on the bed."

I demanded not bothering to look back to see if she obeyed, going into my walk in closet and shrugging off my white shirt and changing out of my jeans into sweatpants. I walked out the closet door into the bathroom after shutting off the light. She had been sitting with her legs tucked underneath, observing my large neat room.

Nonetheless, I brushed my teeth briefly before shutting the light off and walking out to finally talk with the female. She looked up at me, a bit intimidated. Trying not to observe my muscle and scarring, it amuses me on how she had always been very submissive around me.

"You wanted to stay, huh?"

She nodded, letting her gaze drop to her fingers picking at a thread of her hoodie. I just observed, used to this behavior from her.

"Explain to me why." I demanded, crossing my arms. She was silent for a few moments before finally speaking.

"I-I like it here.. You guys are my family.."

I kept my face calm before, sighing and sitting on the edge of the bed next to her.

"I've told a dozen times before to obey my rules, for safety reasons."

"B-But you always have me in t-this penthouse.." She whimpered weakly, still not looking up.

"I know.. Listen, I'm sorry. But it's either that and I make sure you are safe or you look out for yourself and move on. I have a job to protect everyone, if anything were to happen, I'd never forgive myself."

"I'll listen from now on.. I promise..Just please don't make me leave..." She begged, finally looking up, sadness filling her eyes. Her begging made me smile, she always knew how to tug on my heart strings. I saw relief in her eyes once she saw my smile. And before I knew it, she was hugging me tightly. I paused not exactly use to this movement from the female but I pulled her into a hug as well. The tension was now replaced with happiness.

"Do you want to sleep with me? You still look tired, Brooke." I whispered in her ear, taking in her natural feminine scent, that I suddenly craved. I felt the woman nod so I laid down with the girl, pulling the covers over both of us. She curled up into me, and snuggled her face in my neck as I pulled her small form close.

We were both fast asleep after a few silent moments.