Prison (Part 2)

Brooke's POV

"Its been a while.."

"Y-Yeah.." I replied, very uncomfortable as my heart raced.. I wanted to cry and envelope him. Tell him my every worry but how glad I was that he was safe, and cry some more.. Already the tears threatened my eyes.

Vanoss took a few steps towards me, not exactly changing his expression but reached out his hand towards my head.. I tensed up, only to feel his fingers graze the ends of my hair and ears, his confused stare observing it.

"Your hair is short.." 

"I.. I've had it short for a while.."

"Oh..? I like it." He smirked widely, giving me some sense of relief.. The man was always lighthearted and relaxed. Obviously, not perceiving this as a big deal.

"Thanks.."

Before I knew it, his arms gently brushed then snaked under my locks and around my neck, pulling me in close.. To which I was a bit too eager to embrace him back, his warmth engulfed me and I felt tears prick my eyes immediately. The man wore a tight white tank with the Orange prison pants, not having the chance to change and shower..

He wasn't shy to hold me very tight, catching me off guard, his nose dug into the my head and he ran his fingers through my hair. His embrace only becoming stronger after he felt tears against his collarbone, my nails digging into the man's back.

"Shh... I'm here now...." I felt him mumble against me, his voice deep and reassuring as his hold tightened.. His scent was deja vu, and filled a thousand memories in my mind. Memories of fun and romance. When he used to love me unconditionally... What had happened to that? ...

Before I had gotten the chance to let the bad abusive memories fill my mind, my child gave a little giggle within the quiet atmosphere, from the bed she laid coddled in baby blankets.

The sound instantly made the man tense and loosen his grip around me.. Slowly pulling away, as his focus was now on the child.

".. Oh yeah, Wildcat told me everything."

I gulped, shifting uncomfortably.. Not knowing of his intentions as Evan leaned forth over his bed to observe the child more.. Green eyes pierced his brown ones, but her giggly smile contrasted his hardened scowl. I slowly began to panic at the sudden tension in the air, and how he was leaning over my child, but there wasn't anything I could do except grip the pen in my hand from the desk- just in case he became violent I had some sort of stabbing weapon.

"Your dead husband is lucky Wildcat killed him before I got out.." Evan's serious gaze shifted over to me, looking up at me from the bed. I didn't doubt that.. Vanoss was a sadist in every aspect of his life. "I'm a very jealous man, Brooklynn. You know that.. - Right?"

His eyes glanced down at the pen I gripped with intensity, one knowing smirk dressed his face, understanding why I held it.. I hated how he read body language so easily.

"Answer me.." He whispered and demanded gently, ignoring the child's attempts at grabbing his face, as well as my micro threatening grip..

"R-Right..."

His smirk relaxed into a gentle smile, his focus turning back to the child. Obviously satisfied knowing that he won my submission..It left an almost poisonous taste in my mouth to submit to him right in front of my daughter who depended so heavily on me to protect her.
______
1 Week later

Evan's POV

"The police are searching for the missing child and her missing mother.."

"Did they find any sort of backdrop evidence of Brooke affiliations with us?"