Chapter 4

After tons of thinking Grizz finally decides on what to do for Panda.

"Uh, Panda. I know you're probably busy. But, um, I found this amazing trail we could walk", Grizz said to Panda.

"Uh, sure, Grizz. Im not doing anything", Panda answered.

As they walked outside they talked.

"So what kind of trail is this?", Panda asked.

"It's a trail that looks the most beautiful during fall"

"So, why didn't you ask Ice Bear to come with us?"

"I already did, he said he felt tired and he stayed home", Grizz answered.

"Oh okay. Hey, Grizz can I ask you something?", Panda asked nervously.

"Yeah, sure"

"Do you think people take me seriously? I mean the other day, I met up with this girl and the whole time all she talked about how cute I was", Panda said.

"Well... What's wrong with that?", Grizz asked.

"Nothing. Except thats all we talked about. Its like I was some kind of child or something", Panda vented.

"Okay, I get it. She wasn't taking the date seriously", Grizz said.

"What do you mean?", Panda asked.

"I mean, think about it. She shows to a date and expects you to be a person, but... you're a panda. I'm just saying wouldn't be better to date other bears?", Grizz asked.

"Well, I guess. But why--", Panda tripped and was expecting to hit the ground, but he never did.

Grizz caught Panda right before he fell. "Are you alright?", Panda asked.

Panda looked up, expecting to hit the ground. "Yeah, I-I'm alright", he answered.

"Just, be more careful. Alright?", Grizz asked.

Panda stared in Grizz eyes. There was something caring about them. Something loving and trusting.

"Hey look were here", Grizz pointed out.

"And to the left was, sure enough, a trail going off left. At the front of the trail was sign that read "Local Nature Trail". The two followed down the trail.

The trail was really pretty. At each side of the path were huge trees that stood tall. Leaves gold, orange and red all fluttered down. Sunset was approaching so the street lamps glowed faintly.

Soon Grizz and Panda approached a bench. They looked around. It was a really beautiful scene. Leaves falling down, fireflies glowing in the evening and the street lamps lit up the background.

"I think we should head back", Grizz whispered.

"Okay", Panda whispered.

Grizz and Panda headed back down the trail. Panda kept close to Grizz. Inwardly Grizz felt happy that he could share the moment with Panda. Everytime Panda hugged closer to Grizz he something. Something warm and exciting.

They finally made it back to the cave. "I guess I better head to bed", Grizz said.

"Uh, yeah. Goodnight", Panda said.

Grizz and Panda both headed to their rooms, the beautiful trail still fresh in their minds.