Chapter 18

Grizz woke up early enough to see Panda's sleeping face not too far away. They both moved into Grizz's room, Panda's old room was a guest room of sorts. Panda stirred a little bit and slowly opened his eyes. 

"Grizz?", he yawned. "What time is it?"

"I don't know...Uh, 7:45", Grizz read from Panda's phone. He set it back on the bedside table.

"I'm going back to bed", Panda groaned, pulling the blanket over his head. 

"Alright..", Grizz crawled out of the bed and stretched.

He looked over at Panda, now sound asleep again , and looked at his phone. He picked it up and scrolled through the gallery. The images were separated in folders. Profile pics, selfies...Ice Bear...He scrolled down and saw two more: Grizz and Best Day.

Intrigued, he clicked the "Best Day" folder. It was a photo of the trail they went down last fall... The memory of that day rushed back as he remembered showing Panda how beautiful the path looked with fall leaves littering the ground and fluttering in the breeze.

Grizz set the phone back on the table and tiptoed out of their room, as he started to make a breakfast of cereal, he got an idea. He should take Panda back there. They do say it looks different every season. That could be like their new thing. Every season they could walk down that trail and just take in everything around them. 

His ears perked as he heard Panda get up and walk into the kitchen. 

"Morning..", Panda greeted groggily. 

"Morning, Pan-Pan", Grizz waved back, still thinking.

"I just had to sleep in this morning", Panda sighed as he turned around and headed for the bathroom to put in his contacts.

After Panda returned, he sat down and checked his phone. He looked at with a puzzled look and made a face as if thinking to himself.

"Uh, Panda can I ask you something?", Grizz asked .

"Sure", Panda agreed, looking up from his phone.

"You remember that trail we went down last fall?", Grizz asked, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Uh, yeah", Panda responded, setting his phone on the table.

"Well, how about we make it like a thing to go there every season?", Grizz suggested.

"That..actually sounds really nice. I like it, Grizz. It reminds me of when I first felt...", Panda blushed, looking away.

"Aw, I love you too, Panny", Grizz got up and hugged Panda. 

"Uh, Grizz? Did I ever tell you I have a couple images of Ice Bear", Panda sighed.

"Can I see them?", Grizz asked.

"Yeah, but they all look the same", Panda said in a confused tone, as if he wasn't completely sure himself.

Panda puled up the images and he was right all the single images of Ice Bear looked exactly the same  the only thing that changed was the background. But that was the way he was. That was Ice Bear..