Chapter 5

Panda noticed that Ice Bear started spending a little bit more time in his freezer than usual.

Panda has asked Ice Bear about it and he would always answer that he felt tired.

Panda always shrugged it off as the early fall heat.

Maybe it's not a big deal, Panda thought, He always comes back out full of energy.

Panda decided to step outside a for little while. He walked around the outside of the cave. Panda sat down on the soft grass and admired the way the forest looked.

Fall was only beginning, but already some trees had lost all of their leaves. It was still pretty to look at the leaves falling. One of the other reasons Panda sat outside was to wait for Grizz.

Lately, he had enjoyed the extra trips and attention Grizz had been giving him. Grizz does it every time Ice Bear has to stay inside because of weather. But these last few times felt different.

It felt like actually wanted to spend time with him. Not because Grizz doesn't have anyone else, but because he wants to.

Grizz had gone off to the store a little while ago. Panda decided to wander around a little bit. He walked along the edge of the forest.

Why does Grizz want to spend so much time with me?, Panda thought.

If anything Grizz should be spending time with Ice Bear. He's so much better than me. Ice Bear is stronger and tougher. Well I'm pretty strong. I snapped a console in half.... But Ice Bear would've shattered it.

While Panda was walking, thinking to himself, something caught his eye. A bunch of small, pretty flowers. Panda looked at them. He got a bit closer. But he didn't sneeze.

Maybe I should give them to Grizz and thank him for everything he's done.

Panda carefully picked each one. And he hurried back to the cave. He didn't realize how he actually walked. He rushed back in the cave and set the flowers on his desk.

His ears perked up when he heard the door open and he heard Grizz's voice. "Hey, bro. Still not feeling well?"

He heard Grizz set the bags on the table.

Panda picked up the flowers and hid them behind his back.

"Hey Pan-Pan. What are you doing?", Grizz asked.

"Nothing much", Panda replied. "I-I just wanted to t-thank you for the last few days....and....and....umm....here", Panda stuttered and handed Grizz the flowers.

Grizz blushed a little as he accepted the flowers.

He got this for me?, Grizz thought. I didn't think he enjoyed it that much. Wow. I don't know what to do...

"Umm do you want to help me put these away?", Grizz asked.

"Uh, sure", Panda agreed.

Together they put all the groceries away.

"Uh, since Ice Bear isn't feeling well.....How about it make dinner for all of us?", Panda ask.

"You know how to cook?", Grizz asked surprised.

"Yeah, Ice Bear usually does it, but, yeah, I know how....", Panda blushed....

Panda cooked made him and Grizz a grilled cheese. He made Ice Bear some chicken soup.

That night Panda was about to go to bed when he saw Grizz in the hallway staring at Ice Bear's fridge.

"Grizz?", Panda said.

"I just worry about him, y'know?", Grizz sighed. "He's been sick before but it's never been like this. I just worry about him, that's all"

Panda smiled and placed his paw on Grizz's shoulder.

"I think it's great you're worried about him", Panda said. "Good night, Grizz".

That night Panda had a dream of running through a field of flowers with Grizz. It was one of the best dreams he had.