Chapter 14

"Why, Grizz...?", Panda asked, clutching his right arm. All he could do was whimper against, Grizz. 

Grizz himself was in a daze. He didn't know what to do. All his life he dedicated his life to his brothers. But now, he truly had no idea what to think anymore. Losing Ice Bear.  One less bear. Ice Bear can't go. He just can't. 

"He can't!!", Grizz suddenly yelled, covering his face; suprising Panda.

"He can't go! How? Why?! I- ...", Grizz sobbed.

"Grizz!", Panda yelled, grabbing Grizz's shoulders and shaking him. "Grizz! It's okay! It's okay..."

"I'm sorry, Panda. I just don't think I can...", Grizz cried.

Panda held onto Grizz's arm suddenly felt wet. He looked at his arm, and saw a red circle form on Grizz's fur was quickly expanding and started leaking. 

"G-Grizz?", Panda asked shakily. 

Grizz sobbed again and suddenly stopped and slumped over. His eyes still open and glazed over.

"Grizz? Grizz?!", Panda screamed.

A paramedic rushed to their side and put a bandage on Grizz's arm.

"This should stop the bleeding. Don't worry, it seems to just be shock.", he explained.

Panda clung to Grizz's arm and did not let go.

/\/\/\/\//\/\/\/\//\/\//\/\/\//\/\/\/\//\/\//\/\/\/\/\/\//\/\/\//\/\//\/\/\//\/\//\/\//\/\//\/\/\//\/\/\//\/\/\/\/\

Panda looked over to Grizz, still asleep on the hospital bed. They gave Panda a check up and an X-Ray and determined that his right arm was just fractured. He looked down at his cast and sighed. Grizz on the other hand, his left arm was broken, along with two ribs and he needed stitching on his other arm.

Ice Bear....he hasn't heard about or from him yet. Panda stared at the hospital ceiling, thinking the time Grizz that trail last fall. How pretty the leaves and lights looked. His ears perked as Grizz stirred and sat up.

"Panda? What happened?", Grizz asked groggily.

"You passed out on the ride here", Panda explained.

Suddenly, a nurse came into the room and turned on the TV.

"Sorry to interrupt, but they're talking about the accident", the nurse explained.

"It was here that the incident occurred. After further investigation it was discovered that the cause of the hit and run was a hate crime. A local eyewitness reports a man of the name Joshua Barnes. His social media account has hate comments towards the relationship towards 2 local bears. Later yesterday afternoon he intentionally ran over 3 bears. It was later confirmed Joshua was killed by hitting a pole and not wearing his seatbelt."

Grizz and Panda were at a loss at what to say. The nurse simply got up and left the room.

"So? What do we do now, Grizz?", Panda asked shakily.