Chapter 17

It's been 3 weeks since we laid Ice Bear down by the tree in the front of the cave. It's been hard, but Grizz and I have been making some great progress...

"Grizz...", I sighed.

"What is it, Panda?", Grizz asked.

"Do you think we'll be together forever?"

"What kind of question is that?", Grizz chuckled.

We were sitting on the couch and I was sitting next to Grizz, and we were just enjoying each others presence.

"You're right. I'm being silly", I laughed to myself.

"Hey, Panda. You think I could cook us dinner tonight?", he suggested to me. I was honestly surprised. Ever since Ice Bear I've done, like, almost all the cooking lately.

"Sure, Grizz! That would be great", I smiled at him. This would actually be pretty great. We could make an at home date out of it.

"Awesome!", Grizz sprang up and dashed for the front door. "I'll be back later! You're going to love it, I promise."

So I was alone for a little while.
I didn't mind. It gave me a good amount of time to think about how far we've come. Grizz has been able to sleep without having nightmares. I stood by him through it all. I remember holding him and hearing him whimper in his sleep. It was heartbreaking... I realized that Grizz needed me as much as I needed him. He would wake up crying and I would be right there, holding him.

I've been taking Grizz places to take him mind of it. The movies, the mall, even bowling. It was so fun just being with him. It was great to escape the pain and focus on what we still have... each other.

Flashback

"See Panda you just pick up the ball and roll it down...the lane!", Grizz grunted as he sent his ball racing down the lane, landing a strike.

"Come on, Panda", Grizz encouraged. I got up and pucked up a ball that I could actually lift.

"Oh, okay", I grunted as I lift up my arm. I tried to roll it, but I ended up dropping it.

"That's alright. Here, let me help you..", Grizz offered. Panda was taken by surprise when Grizz got behind him and positioned him arms. "Alright, you just reel the ball back. Launch it forward, and let it go.."

"Uh, alright", Panda blushed as he could see other people watching him.

"Don't worry about them, just do what I shown you. You can do it", Grizz encouraged.

I couldn't even focus at first. I was too overwhelmed by the fact that people were watching me. I looked back at Grizz. He smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up. I nodded back at him and did what he shown me.

I reeled the ball back, forward and then let go. To my surprise the ball was actually speeding down the lane. I watched the ball crashing to the pins. Actually knocking them all down! I heard Grizz cheer behind me and I turned around to see the people watching actually clapping. I blushed and walked over to Grizz.

"I told you. You're a natural!", Grizz laughed. "But them again we are bears"

"Heh, I guess I am stronger than I look...", Panda chuckled.

End of Flashback

  My ears twitched as I heard the doorknob twist. I got up and faced it as Grizz came back with bags from the store. I watched as Grizz out them in the fridge. Oh yeah... We replaced the fridge. We still have it as in memory of Ice Bear. We put in the garage. We saved money after that and bought a black, two door refrigerator.

"So how was it?", I asked as Grizz finished putting the groceries away.

"Great! How does vegetable alfredo sound?", Grizz asked me.

"That sounds amazing", I told him. "Thanks so much, Grizz!"

"Aww, it's no problem, Pan-Pan. I want you to relax today and enjoy yourself", Grizz smiled at me.

"Alright then", I sat down in a chair and watched Grizz prepare the meal. I watch how he boiled the noodles and the vegetables. I couldn't help but chuckle as he couldn't figure out which seasoning to use.

"Should be ready in just a few minutes" Grizz told me as finished up the food.

*10 minutes later*

I sat down in one of the chairs at the dinner table as Grizz set down two plates of the alfredo for us.

"Grizz this is amazing!", I marveled as I took a bite. I was amazing. I remember how Grizz and I had to adjust to each others eating habits. I learned to cook larger meals for Grizz and Grizz learned to skip out on the meat for my meals. It took awhile but now I don't mind cooking meat for Grizz. And Grizz doesn't mind not eating meat.

"Thanks, Pan. I worked extra hard on it for you", Grizz smiled.

"Well, thanks...", I blushed. "Do you mind if I help you clean up?"

"No, I don't. Thanks", Grizz chuckled as he finished his plate.

I ate the rest of my food and hopped up to help Grizz. We ran some dish water and I put too much soap in, causing a lot of bubbles. Grizz just laughed it off and took a paw full of soap and put it in my nose. I sneezed and Grizz laughed. Then I took a paw full and out it on head head, making him look like he had a giant bubbly wig on. Long story short. It took us a while to actually get anything done.

"You ready to turn in?", Grizz asked me.

"Sure", I yawned and followed Grizz to our room. I climbed into bed with him and held onto him. Almost immediately I could hear Grizz softly snoring. He breathing lulled me to sleep, and I dozed off.

I few hours late into the night. I could feel Grizz moving a lot. I open my eyes and saw he was having another nightmare.

"It's all right. I got you", I held onto him tighter and stroked his fur.

I could feel his breathing get slower until he was snoring again.

I sighed, fully awake. Guess there's nothing to do, but just hold onto him. He really does need me...