Chapter 16

"Grizz...You have to eat something..", Panda exhaled. "Please.."

"I...I can't"

"You have to. W-we have to"

I'm not letting Grizz slip away, either. 

"I know. I miss him, too. But I know Ice Bear wouldn't want us just sitting here starving ourselves", Panda urged with a new found conviction in his voice. 

"Alright", Grizz finally agreed.

Both of the bears were experiencing completely feelings towards Ice Bear's death. Grizz struggles with this sharp stab of grief. Panda, on the other hand, is surprised that he doesn't feel much about it. It's like he's gone numb.

Panda watched Grizz cry all through last night, while he stared out the window at the stars.

Grizz and Panda were eating.
I gotta take his mind off of it all.

"So...They'll take the cast off tomorrow?", Panda asked, trying to change Grizz's mindset.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Uh, yeah. They'll take it off and then we'll be free to go", Grizz smiled a bit.

"So have you decided yet?", Panda asked slowly.

"Yeah... We'll bury him under the tree in the front yard. He spent a lot of time under there", Grizz sighed. "I'm sorry, Panda. I know you have to watch me mope around"

"Oh, Grizz. Don't say things like that. We lost our brother, I want you to get it all out. Me... I don't know how to feel...", Panda admitted.

"How do you feel?", Grizz pressed in a calm tone.

"I don't really know. It's like he died. I saw him. I miss him. But, for some reason, I can't feel sad about it. And it's messing with me", Panda admitted.

"Oh, Panda. It's alright... I'm sure everyone feels different about death", Grizz reassured. 

"Okay", Panda sighed. Is something wrong with me?