Chapter 27

"Uh, Grizz?", Panda asked. He watched as his bigger boyfriend seemed to be really lost in thought.

"Oh, I'm fine. Heh, sorry", Grizz chuckled. He was thinking all week on a way to properly propse to the Panda. The Grizzly saved up as much money as he could and went to a jewlery shop.

Flashback

"Hi...uh, Sir. How can I help you?", the lady working behind the register said to him.

"Yes! I'm looking for an engagment ring", Grizz smiled.

"Oh, that's nice. I'll be happy to help you", the lady told him, stepping from behind the counter.

After a few minutes, Grizz found a silver ring that looked amazing.

"I think he'll really love that one", he gazed at it.

"Okay, well I'll get that for you. What's their ring size?", the lady asked.

"Uh, their what?", Grizz repeated.

"His ring size. You know? The size of their finger?", she pressed.

"Uh, well. He doesn't have a fingers. He has a paw. He's a bear like me", Grizz chuckled awkwardly.

"Oh. Um.... I don't think we have any bear sized rings. I'm sorry", she apologized.

"Oh. It's okay", Grizz sighed. He was really excited about all of this and he forgot the most important detail. He is a bear, Panda is a bear, and they don't make ring sizes for bear. He took a moment to look around and see if there was anything else that he could give to his little Pan-Pan.

In the left corner of the store he saw it. Well it wasn't an it. It was two of them. Two silver bracelets the half hearts on them.

It isn't a ring, but they do look beautiful. Taking a closer look, Grizz could see that the half hearts had small clear crystals on them, only adding to the beauty.

"Um, on second thought. I'll take these two", Grizz smiled pointing to the bracelets.

"Oh, alright. We can get you some extra chains to make them longer. I'm sure they'll fit on both of you that way. And we'll even engrave your names on the back on of them", she smiled.

"Thanks", Grizz chuckled.

*_*_*_*

The sun was setting as Grizz walked back through the forest to the cave. He felt a certain warmness from looking up at the sky. A radiant pink-orange, thin clouds floating gently above.

How an I actually gonna propse to him?, Grizz thought to himself. It would be easy to just show him the bracelets and ask him to become his mate, but he wanted to do something extra special.

If i'm gonna do this, I'm gonna do this right, Grizz nodded to himself as he reached the entrance.

Grizz opened the door and was about to announce himself when he heard his little panda sniffling and crying softly on the couch. He set down the bag with the bracelets and rushed forward.

"Panda what's wrong?", Grizz asked to the sobbing bear. He looked up to the tv, two women were both crying and hugging each other.

"I'm sorry, Grizz. It's just Kate has to move away with her family and h=she and Sarah will never see each other again", Panda sniffled.

It finally clicked within the Grizzly's mind. Panda was just watching evening drama shows. He watched these from time to time, but Grizz never seen him get so emotionally invested in the show. It must come from the flux of intense emotions of being pregnant.

Grizz just smiled a bit and sat down on the couch, cuddling closer to the smaller bear.

"T-thanks, Grizz", Panda sniffled. Grizz just wrapped his paws around him.